1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with project!

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Ells, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ells

Ells New Member

In my class are project at the moment is location photography and we are aloud to shoot what ever subject we choose it just has to fit with certain magazine companies.
    BUT I have no clue what to shoot! Any ideas?????

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

If it's not a rude question, how old are you?

Cheers,

R.

3. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

Hi Ells,
    To narrow it down, what are the magazines about, so if they are say motoring, you could look to shoot a car in a fitting location, or if they are fashion , it could be a model shot out doors or even in say a castle or ruins, etc,etc.
    good luck

4. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Yes I guess getting the topic worked out and go from there.

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

You seem to have a broad brief, probably partly designed to stretch your creativeness and ingenuity, it actually makes it more difficult than a specific assignment. It seems that you need to look at the range you have been given, select one theme and work on that.

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

As nimbus says, and it seems to me also, that the brief is very broad. Possibly so as not to limit your chances of putting together your project. You need to pick a theme that will fit with a magazine. A theme that you have easy access to. Do you drive or have access to transport? If not this will limit you subjects closer to home. Take a walk down to the local newsagents and see what magazines they stock, then fit your project around one of them. The possibilities are endless. You could even do this without leaving the house, picking a subject such as 'cooking' or 'DIY'.
    Good luck, and come back and show us your project.

7. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Look in the shops at the magazines on offer. Which one appeals to you? Can you take photos that fit with your chosen magazine? Do you have access to the subject? Take it from there.

RogerMac likes this.
  8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

What are the certain magazine companies. Are Time Inc companies' magazines on the list. If so then this https://www.timeinc.com/brands/amateur-photographer is on the list. I can suggest a very short term project to be finished well before Christmas and a year long project for next year. The bar is very high for both but even a consolation prize would get you published and hence demonstrate that you had met the brief and were at least better than competant.:)

9. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I would say, Ells, shoot what you like to look at, be that music, clothing, vehicles, birds, animals, etc ....

Cheer and all the best :)

Jack

Geren likes this.
  10. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The OP has made no further input since starting the thread...

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

clearly overawed by the suggestions received:rolleyes:

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Probably visited some other sites for material... but I do hope not.
    I guess it shows the limits of setting objectives for some students, who are perhaps not enthusiastic about the project.
    You can take a horse to water...

13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

but you can't make it bolt the stable door

Roger Hicks and Done_rundleCams like this.
  14. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Be fair that's only a few days ago

15. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

You can take a horse to water...

but a pencil must be le(a)d.

Sorry,coat on.

Done_rundleCams and spinno like this.
  16. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member