1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCFE level 3 Digital Photography

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Dibbs, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Dibbs

Dibbs New Member

Hi,

New to the site but was wondering if anyone could help. I am currently on my portfolio for the level 3 NCFE and was wondering if anyone else had done it.

I'm just a bit confused, as i thought a portfolio is a collection of work, but it doesnt sound as if this is the case.

Any ideas suggestions please.

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

what is required?..you tell us more detail and we'll try to help:D

3. Dibbs

Dibbs New Member

It asks to send 6 to 12 photos,500 word essay showing ability to conceive,shoot,edit and present.

When i asked if that was a selection of B&W, Abstract ect i was told no :confused:

So my understand is to pick a theme and present the correct amount of photos on that theme...

Editing? do you think it just wants basic editing (take out birds etc). Am I just over analysing this?

Thanks for any help.

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I have no idea what a level 3 NCFE is so can't help.

I think it's an impossible question for us to answer. You would really need to ask the person involved what it is you are required to send.

If it's a course you're on then you should be able to sit and have a chat with your tutor about what you need to put in your portfolio.

My own portfolio (for college) was made of photographs from various themes; event, still life, street, landscape and nature.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

look at this.... http://www.learning-at-home.co.uk/digital-photography-diploma-level-p-2370.html