1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naneu bags

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by swanseadave, Mar 3, 2011.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Went for a walk into the City Centre this morning just for the exercise having been laid up with a virus.

I called into my local independent(Camera Centre Swansea)to have a look at bags.They stock a wide range of brands but the only slingshot bag they have at the moment is this.They told me they sell a lot of them.

Jessops,OTOH,sell only Lowepro and their own brand.

Naneu is a brand I`ve not heard of before and I was surprised how well made and padded it is.At £49.99 it represents value for money.It`s the same size as the Lowepro 202AW but cheaper.

Anyone come across this brand? Naneu Echo

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Dave,

FWIW, the where I used to work (and my AP Name) has carried the Naneu bags
    for (about) four(4) years now (along with the other usual suspects (LowePro/Crumpler/
    Kata
    ) and have, seemingly, had great success with 'em :)

Where I am now, ...we brought a few in and they just didn't seem to click (w/ our customers) ...
    ... finally sold them :) I still browse the catalogue once in a while ...but that's it :eek:

Also, FWIW, I rarely use my camera bag for carrying camera and lenses :D .... as
    they/it is usually around my neck (or in my hand) ready to shoot :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jack

3. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Well it seems to me Jack that they are just not marketed very well in UK,which is a shame since they have a huge range of bags equally as good as the top brands and cheaper.The ones I`ve examined are extremely good.

There seem to a a handful of retailers who stock them but there seems to be no advertising whatsoever.There appears to be no UK distributor!!

I think it`s their Echo slingshot bag I`ll go for.Exceptional value @ £50. ;) :D

the Naneu range is extensive.

4. TomC68

TomC68 New Member

I got a C7 about 5 years ago on eBay, used it extensively since and love it. It holds a Pentax K5 with 18-250 zoom with lens hood attached with ease. I have other bags (Lowepro mostly) but this is the one that goes out with me nearly every time (big enough to hold what I need & not so big I don't want to lug it around).

5. Loup Garou

Loup Garou Well-Known Member

A few years ago I saw a Naneu C-700 at my local camera shop. I had never heard of that brand before but was impressed by the quality and bought it on the spot even though I did not need it. I cannot remember the exact price but recall that it was very low. It turned out to be one of the best bargains ever and I have found good use or it over time.

6. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's manufactured by Mork and Mindy ... ?