1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name one of your Flickr contacts...

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by john_g, Jun 27, 2008.

1. john_g

john_g Well-Known Member

Following the thread that discussed the likelihood of finding great images on Flickr, name one of your Flickr contacts whose work you'd like others to enjoy.

I'll start off with the wonderfully existential and surreal Sarah Sitkin.

2. chromatin

chromatin Well-Known Member

That one of her drowning on the first page is superbly disturbing.

I ain't got no contacts (yet) so can't play :(

3. Donkey

Donkey Well-Known Member

I can play cause i'm lucky enough to have a contact and a rather good Wildlife Photographer at that ;)

...............One Ten's Flickr...............

4. chromatin

I can play too now. But you have to click on OneTen's link in Donkey's post :cool:

5. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

I'm collecting quite a few contacts who all take great pics of very different things.

I like Steve Boote's images as he's based in my current favorite place - Northumberland. Also, he's got the enthusiasm to get up very early to take sunrise shots which have fantastic colours.

web page Steve's flickr site

:) Lisa.

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sorry if it breaks the 'rules' but here are two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snapperz/ - some of the finest UK nature images (well to be honest all of it is good, not just the nature), and possibly the best macro insects I've ever seen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gullevek/ - a 'foreigner' in Japan, but with an eye very much like a local. Definitely many layers to this guy's work.

7. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Ernie's beautiful B&W landscapes around Derbyshire are well worth a few minutes of anyone's time. No melodramatics or excessive use of Photoshop, just great technique and an artist's eye for a pleasing composition. I also appreciate his comments, rarely one liners, he takes the trouble to explain why he likes the shots, and gives new insights into why an image is successful.

8. Panda_

Panda_ Well-Known Member

9. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Not 'flikr', but DeviantArt contacts who's work I believe should be seen by a wider audience:

Jozef

Majid

10. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

11. Matt_Hunt

Matt_Hunt Well-Known Member

A South African, Brent, I really like the pictures he takes up in the mountains and some of his portraits.

Here

12. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Thanks for the mentions above. (I'm your only contact) :eek:

One of my contacts is g r e e n g a g e. I love his landscape work.

Another is Cinnamon. She's rather famous on Flickr and I like her lifestyle portraits.

Neither of these have me as a contact. :D

13. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

My mate Jay Mawson

His recent stuff is mostly model portfolio stuff, but if that doesn't grab you have a look at some of his other stuff in "Sets"

14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Ospreywatcher

**Warning, link may contain pics of cute baby owls** :)

15. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Snapperz one of my faves too. He's also quite local to me and offers many valuable tips.

Another fave is Sir Cam with local scenes/reportage, many of which I don't get to see (eg interesting places in the university not open to the public).

16. chromatin

If you like shots of London (or even if you don't), have a look at

Simon Crubellier

17. Matt_Golowczynski

Matt_Golowczynski Well-Known Member

18. datawise

datawise Well-Known Member

Strobist - he has a blog too - all to do with flash photography.

19. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

20. Panda_

Panda_ Well-Known Member

Christian Davies has some fantastic seascapes!!
    Cheers