1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new site and blog

Discussion in 'Personal Portfolio Sites' started by davebrogan, Feb 21, 2017.

1. davebrogan

davebrogan New Member

Hi This is a link to my web site and blog. http://www.davebrogan.co.uk . Some cc would be very welcome. Be nice if you can.
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Maroon

Maroon Member

Hello Dave,

I like the simple and clean look of the site.

It may help to have the photos on the homepage slightly larger so they cover more of the page as it does seem quite bare with all that space around the photos

3. Lanablogger1

Lanablogger1 New Member

Hello Dave,

Thanks for sharing the link, there are many interesting photos. I will use them for my blog posts and of course, will give proper credit for the images.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You better not: "Please note that all images on this website are copyright to me Dave Brogan and may not be copied, printed or used in any other way, without express permission."

What you are proposing is theft.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  5. Lanablogger1

Lanablogger1 New Member

I am sorry, then I misunderstand. Thank you. Usually, I use images from Flicker but those images which have a public license.

6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Dave,

I love the "Manchester at Night" series but fear that otherwise you may be spreading yourself too thin: the themes just aren't strong enough, so the net effect is a bit like an amateur "hey, look at my best pictures". Very wise to have the galleries too: ordering on line can be a terrible gamble unless you already know the photographer's work. After all, the relationship between a print and what you see on screen is pretty tenuous.

Also, your prices seem a bit low: more of a paying (but losing money) hobby than a business. That's fine, but do you find that you make up the money on volume over price? For example, Frances seldom charges under 150€ for pictures like these and even my postcard-sized Secret Life of Chairs pics don't go below 49€, though admittedly we're talking about framed in both cases.

Cheers,

R.

7. Ramon Ignacio

Ramon Ignacio Member

What a talent. this is a good website and wish you all the luck.