1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2017 Motorsport Wrapsheet

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Fireproof Creative, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Fireproof Creative

Fireproof Creative Well-Known Member

Hi All,

It might be a bit early but my motorsport season has come to an end. Been a busy year for me with season accreditation for the British GT, one-off media gigs for the WEC and Silverstone Classic (a couple of speccy outings for the Moto GP and F1 too).

You might have seen in another thread, during my downtime between race weekends I've put a guide together for beginners wanting to shoot motorsport at Silverstone, you can take a look at that over here

Anyways, thanks for looking - as always your honest C&C is always appreciated, hopefully there's some signs of progression :D

1. The #95 Aston Martin comes in for a service during Round 1 of the WEC at Silverstone
    [​IMG]Aston Martin Racing - Aston Martin V8 Vantage #95 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Here's the angry Rollcenter Racing Mercedes GT3 at Brands Hatch in the British GT
    [​IMG]Team ABBA with Rollcentre Racing - Mercedes AMG GT3 #88 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. The beast that is the Mercedes C11 (Formerly Michael Schumacher's ride) shot at the Silverstone Classic in the rain
    [​IMG]Sauber Mercedes C11 (ex. Schumacher) Group C Le Mans Car by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. The winners of the GT3 driver's championship this year in British GT - Rick Parfitt Jnr & Seb Morris - Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3
    [​IMG]Rick Parfitt Jnr & Seb Morris - Team Parker Racing - Bentley Continental GT3 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Sebastian Vettel at 1/13th - Shame he couldn't keep the championship going a few more races
    [​IMG]Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Valentino Rossi through the fences - I really enjoyed the Moto GP this year, one I'd love to get accreditation for :D
    [​IMG]Valentino Rossi - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Trying something different in the pits with the eventual winner of Le Mans
    [​IMG]Porsche LMP Team - Porsche 919 Hybrid #2 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. F1's latest rent a driver - although he's starting show he's better than that
    [​IMG]Lance Stroll - Williams Martini Racing by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Thanks folks!

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I *love* that second one.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

that (No 2) is something special!

4. jpgreenwood

jpgreenwood Well-Known Member

wowsers

5. Danski

Danski Well-Known Member

Jesus these are good

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Number 8 is the one for me - but they're all pretty special!

Cheers, Jeff

7. Great shots, excuse my age/ignorance, wrapsheet?

8. Fireproof Creative

It’s a combination of a wrap up and a criminal record (really I just can’t spell rap sheet )

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

7 & 8 for me, but let's face it they're all good! Really nice work.

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Hmm, my reply from a couple of days ago seems to have gone AWOL!

Not sure about signs of progression - when you arrive as "seriously effing good" they're a bit hard to spot! Anyway, the one that screams out at me is the one of Rossi (I think it's the colours - I have to look at it wearing shades) - the intensity is amazing, and just the hint of tyre squirm to show how hard the bike is working.

Incidentally, I note that Fishboy is a fellow connisseur (where's spellcheck when you need it?) of motorcycle death songs...

Adrian

ETA - I've just had a look at your guide - I think I might struggle with my MF 400, but a cracking read!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  11. Fireproof Creative

Cheers man, yep was worth getting drenched for :)

Thanks very much

Cheers :D

Really appreciate that :)

Thanks Jeff, it has polarised a few opinions that one - which I guess is a good thing

Thanks mate :D

Very kind of you to say, glad you like them - I dunno though, there's always room for progression :D

12. KMBurnett

KMBurnett Member

For me its really hard to pick a best one they are all fantastic. I would love to do motorsport photography to your level.

Fireproof Creative likes this.
  13. Fireproof Creative

Haha thanks Kim, that’s very kind of you. You totally can, anyone can :D just takes practice, some reliable equipment and appropriate dollop of luck. Not sure how many tracks you’ve got down your way (not many major ones I don’t think) I guess Thruxton is the closest where you can catch things like btcc.... see if you have any local kart tracks and give them a work out to get in the flow of shooting motorsport otherwise it’s gonna be a lot of heavy travelling but well worth it

14. KMBurnett

KMBurnett Member

Thanks. Yeah it's either thruxton or castle Combe. But will definitely look at the karting. Thanks for your advice

15. Fireproof Creative

Anytime Kim - If you have anymore questions feel free to drop me a message :)

KMBurnett likes this.
  16. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

All standout pro quality shots (IMO) could see them all framed on a wall and something for any motor sport photographer to aspire to :)