1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple copies of AP

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by steveandthedogs, Oct 22, 2016.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Three weeks ago, two copies of AP were delivered, one to Mr S Ashton and one to Mr Stephen Ashton.
    Assumed it was a coincidence and dropped it back in the post. Two weeks ago, same thing. Kept forgetting to put it in the car to post it.
    Assumed it was just a coincidence again.
    This week, and guess what? That's right, two copies.

Someone have a word with the people in dispatch, please.

S

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There is another post. They are busy sorting their mailing lists and the multiple copies will soon stop (4th week for me).

3. steveandthedogs

Thanks Pete.

S

4. PeteRob

you may get 2 again next week then should stop

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Mr. Sashton,

Blame the computer...

Cheers,

R.

6. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

When was this supposed to be sorted by? I'm still getting 2 copies!

7. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

....and I'm still getting none!

8. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

If you'd like to PM me your address, I could bung a few weeks worth of back copies in the post to you when I get a moment.

9. PhotoEcosse

Thanks Alex.

10. PeteRob

Oooh - it gets better (or worse).

What just popped through the door was a copy of What Digital Camera - last ever issue - with a nice Dear Subscriber letter saying how the remaining issues on my subscription will be swapped for copies AP and lots of nice words about how wonderful AP is.

Now I do not, and never have, subscribed to What Digital Camera. I once got one complimentary copy bundled with AP and that's it.

So I await with interest to see if the 2 copies of AP per week, which persist despite the communication that the technical hitch would soon be over, shortly increases to 3 copies.

Time Inc. (UK) Ltd. must be losing a bundle on this.

On the other hand maybe they have been ramping up the print run for AP in preparation for dropping What Digital Camera and using the double issue to subscribers to avoid the cost of pulping the over-supply ?

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  11. steveandthedogs

I'm glad you posted that, I was just about to!

S

12. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Hi
    If you are still receiving duplicate issues of AP or have received a letters about WDC and you have never subscribed to WDC please will you private message me with your name and postal address and if known your subscription number. I will pass the details onto the subscription department to look into again. Thanks.

13. steveandthedogs

Certainly! Er, how do you send a PM these days?

S

14. PhotoEcosse

They are now called "conversations", I think

15. Chrissie_Lay

Hi
    If you are still receiving duplicate issues of AP or have received a letters about WDC and have never subscribed to WDC please will you private message me with your name and postal address and if known your subscription number. I will pass the details onto the subscription department to look into again. Thanks.

16. Chrissie_Lay

Sorry not keeping up with the times. Please contact me via a ' conversation'.

Not sure if this is the quickest way to start a conversation but I double click on my name and on the left hand side about half way down it says start a conversation.

17. steveandthedogs

Thanks Photo and Chrissie.

Will do.

S

18. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

As a slight derail, has there been an announcement about that anywhere? The only mention I can find on their website is when you click on Subscribe/Print Version and it take you to a Magazines Direct page which tells you the magazine is closing and recommends you buy one of AP, Woman & Home or Homes & Gardens. :confused:

19. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Ah, no need to answer - it hit the shelves of our local WHSmith today.

You can tell it's the very last issue - it says 'Last Ever Issue' across the front cover! :rolleyes:

20. PeteRob

and the farewell promises to bring the buyers guide to AP in the new year and presumably that means the listings.

It is years since I looked at camera listings, so taking advantage of my unexpected copy, a quick look shows some updating work to be done.

The Canon 500 F4 L IS II is described as a "full-time manual focus" lens with RRP £5299. Dream at the price, now upwards of £8.5k I think. It has wonderful autofocus.

The discontinued Fuji X-E2 is in there at £1200 (if true in 2014 that somewhat softens the £910 I paid for mine 10 days before the price went to £750) as is the long gone X-E1 and the X-Pro 1 that Fuji were giving away free in the end (provided you bought 3 lenses as I recall)

No XT-2, although the X-Pro 2 is there.