1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mud channels

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Old git, May 5, 2012.

1. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

I liked the patterns, but it highlighted that on this beach a few yards out are much deeper parts.....

[​IMG]

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Like but do you mind if I play with it in Pixlr? Just for my own practice but I think it could do with a crop and some messing about with the colour

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I don't think you are at high enough an angle to get a visual art image out of this. I think it is beyond a cropping issue, the content is really not there.

4. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

This looks like two separate pictures - the top half and the bottom, Also, it all looks rather flat, as several of your pictures have seemed to me lately.

Perhaps you could try cropping to leave just the bottom, up to the waterline, and boosting the contrast. It might work well in B&W.

5. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

I agree Alex. I have the prospect of my laser treatment on the one eye this week, but my eyesight is fading.....

6. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Help yourself Lesley. I can't seem to do right for doing wrong just recently.....

7. AlexMonro

I've been thinking about that for my extreme myopia - I often find I can see a lot more in my photos than I could when I was there! :

8. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

It's not for that reason Alex. The back retina Gel is eroding away and totally distorting the vision in my left eye. The laser is to seal the gel so that it doesn't erode any further. It won't heal the vision, just stop it from getting any worse. And just to make it pressure free, there's only a 50/50 chance it will work......

9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Good luck with that, hope it goes well.

10. AlexMonro

Ouch! I hope it does work, and you can get it done before it gets too much worse. I guess I'm lucky - my unaided maximum focus distance is about 3" right eye, 6" left, but at least it's been pretty stable for 10 years or more, and it's great for looking close up at fine detail! :)

11. LesleySM

You have an excuse I don't- hope this makes you feel better but in a twisted way I sort of like it- hope the op goes well

[​IMG]
    mud flats 2 by LesleySM3, on Flickr

12. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

I really like that lesley :) Thank you

13. LesleySM

A non photography friend reckons we could make a great jigsaw from it...hmmm after what I heard Friday I might need an extra source of income (looking like some of us are going to be at least £50 a week off after tax and no payrise until at least 2015.....)...could this be the start of something

Seriously I am glad you like it

14. TheresaH

TheresaH Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear, I hope the treatment goes well. A photographer's eyes are just as important as their camera! :)

As for the picture, I like it better with a bit cropped off the top and a bit more contrast to bring out the patterns in the mud. The crop in Lesley's edit is nice. Though perhaps not quite as enhanced haha :D (Though it does make quite a nice abstract like that :D)

15. LesleySM

Just played about with it for my own personal amusement and learning Pixlr

16. TheresaH

TheresaH Well-Known Member

Yeh, I saw the amusing side, my comment wasn't intended to be quite serious :) I do actually like it as an abstract-ish image :D