1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mrs Whitehouse would not like this.

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Learning, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Even though it's on the BBC, I think I'll skip that link in the office.

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Don't worry. It's just an advert at the mo. No cocks and flowers!

EightBitTony likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Hairy Whitemouse once spoke at the University of Birmingham when I was there. She seemed astonishingly reasonable until someone (not me, I am ashamed to admit) asked her the "wrong" question. Then her eyes started swivelling and she began to foam at the mouth. Not literally, but very definitely figuratively.

Cheers,

R.

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Nige,

Or flocks and cowers...

Cheers,

R.

6. dream_police

Them too.

7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Let's be honest about this, there seemed to be very little that Mrs Whitehouse did like.

Roger Hicks and Catriona like this.
  8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

That was the problem with her. I remember watching her on TV and trying to understand why she was so disliked. Then the interviewer pressed the wrong button and off she went.

9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Perhaps Mrs Whitehouse only liked 'very little'?
    She did make me laugh in those days, when I was young and didn't have a care in the world!

10. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I'd love to see what she would have made of the likes of Love Island or Naked Attraction. :D

11. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Really she could like or dislike what she chose, however she sought to inflict her views on everybody else with her self-righteous messianic self-belief.

12. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because a baby can't chew it" - Mark Twain.

Cheers, Jeff

Andrew Flannigan and Catriona like this.
  13. dream_police

I have never seen love island. Naked attraction is just rubbish- although I do find it strangely addictive!

14. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I'm the same. Never seen an episode of Love Island and never intend to. I remember coming home from football one evening and walking into the room. I glanced round at the tv,which is mounted at head height, only to be greeted by the sight of some chap's...little chap. :eek:

15. dream_police

I saw one recently. I think the poor guy must have stopped developing at childhood. I'm no expert on mens penises, but christ was it small. Why, oh why, would you go on TV and show it and yourself to the world. Perhaps it was cold in his small area of the studio!

But seriously. I'm no prude by any stretch of the imagination but is there really a need and place for that type of stuff on the TV?

16. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I don't know - not for the men (each to their own), but for the ladies...I remember when Channel 4 started and they took to showing films with the 'red triangle' warning of sexual content - 22-year old me watched some utter rubbish just because of that little triangle in the top corner of the screen!

Cheers, Jeff

17. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Maybe he was a 'grower' not a 'shower'? ;)

18. dream_police

HaHa yeah I remember that:)

19. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

.Spitting Image loved her...................some circles referred to her as Mary Whitewash...............

Lynn

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler