1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mrs Brown pushes the Queen of the front page!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGW, Nov 6, 2017.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

You couldn't make it up...
    But I guess Downing Street told the BBC to get the Queen out of the lime light pronto!
    Too bad that JC's irreverent request for an apology has pushed her back into the glare....

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

"I'm shocked. Shocked! To find that rich people are bent as hairpins" to misquote Claude Rains.

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I have no reason to believe that the Queen has any idea where the Duchy of Lancaster invests her assets.

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

After what happened with Barings Bank, I suspect she probably takes a closer interest in such things these days. ;)

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I suspect she doesn't mind as long as Charles can't get his hands on them in the immediate short term:eek:

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm shocked to discover that anyone is shocked that the wealthy are wealthy by design and not virtue.

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Is it me or is it all part of a large conspiracy tied in with all the revelations regarding sex, money and so on, to try and bring the establishment down?
    Just saying

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Pointing out all the dodgy stuff they get up to isn't a conspiracy. Keeping us unaware of it is.

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Wealthier.

Dodging tax does not make you wealthy. Being talented and successful does that.

But I would hang them all in a public place myself. Naming and shaming is water off a duck's back.

10. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If you mean being talented at greed and successful at stealing from everyone else - I agree with you.

11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

how true, but I wondered at the coincidence of all the revelations being done at this particular time