1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving Forward

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by wayne2874, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Wayne,

Thanks for the update. Have you given any further thought to what sort of professional photography you would like to do?

For inspiration, look at pictures and ask yourself (a) where they might have come from and (b) whether you could do them.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Was it the photographer George Nicholls (who wrote "Picture if You Can") that said 99% of commercial photography is understanding what the customer wants?
  3. William Parker

William Parker Well-Known Member

This isn't an easy question to answer, I would not touch it with someone else's barge pole but the chap who posed the question might be really good. I think I read somewhere that there is growing fashion to cover weddings in a more relaxed sort of documentary way rather than the posed traditional style. Perhaps the happy couple are trying to save money? It seems anything involving weddings is an excuse to rip people off. If any wedding photographers are reading this that was a joke, if there arn't any I mean every word. So it isn't easy to give a right answer because there isn't one. Why not tell them about your concerns?
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Andrew,

And the other 99% is being able to deliver it...

This is by analogy with "The first half of any job takes 90% of the time, and so does the second half."

Andrew Flannigan and frank1 like this.