1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More 'PC' gone mad......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dangie, Aug 22, 2017.

1. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

One of the social workers in the Rochdale case did go on to cause trouble in the Orkneys.

But that's not 'PC gone mad', it's an obsessed woman who should never have been in that particular job.

2. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Local Authorities and Statutory Agencies make all sorts of poor decisions: sometimes for reasons of self-preservation, sometimes due to political pressure for other reasons, and sometimes through trying to achieve the possible in an impossible situation, and I dare say, sometimes due to daft people in these agencies being incompetent. IMHO it's easy, and a paranoid mistake to blame them for having a hidden agenda favouring certain racial groups for some sort of politically correct agenda.

EDIT
    SXH's post and mine crossed.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I've known several social workers over the years. Most are over worked and under supported. Like all these jobs you get good and bad but there is a tendency to employ people with good intentions who lack the background to really undestand their clients' problems.

Trannifan and Roger Hicks like this.
  5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Andrew,

Or worse still, who do understand them but are more intelligent/compassionate than their clients and masters. (I've known some too,)

Cheers,

R.

6. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I hope that I am wrong.

7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

You can invent a disease, describe the symptoms and in not too long people will be going to GPs with it and / or GPs will be diagnosing it for themselves.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  9. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I know someone who was a social worker in child protection who ended up taking early retirement because due to cuts in services and staffing meaning she and her colleagues were overloaded with cases

As she said she had no wish to be involved in as she put it "the next Baby P case"

Mind you she was a bit odd- she told me once she was horrified she wasn't allowed to snatch a couple of kids from "terrible neglect" on the spot when she was visiting and found them sitting on the sofa mid morning during the summer holidays still in their vests and eating doughnuts.