1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Brexit good news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roger Hicks, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

2. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

And those british citizens who live in other countries???

Lynn

3. Trannifan

Given the level of the tabloid press in the UK....................................

Lynn

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Just so.
    My otherwise highly inteligent HoD voted leave because she was worried about nursery / primary school places for her kids and believed the brexiteers web of lies that there'd be more places after we leave.
    *Sigh*

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Do you attribute that solely to the EU?

No it isn't, I'm just a good sport;)

Also, http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/07/if-yo...might-be-stressed-out-scientists-say-7061404/.

6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Dave,

Right. And the only Brexiteer I'd count as a friend (one of the very few multi-millionaires I know) voted to leave because he was against EU motorcycle training law...

The word "blinkered" springs to mind.

Cheers,

R.

peterba likes this.
  7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Was it Boris?:eek:

8. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Willie,

No. My chum has some redeeming qualities.

And you cheated a bit: "motorcycle" is not quite the same as "cycle".

Cheers,

R.

AndyTake2 and willie45 like this.
  9. willie45

I did cheat, Roger. I couldn't resist.

I was going to put in something like "edited for the purposes of .... ", but then I got stuck because the only honest thing I could do was admit that it was edited for convenience :) ( A bit like the £350m NHS thing )

steveandthedogs likes this.
  10. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

Maybe "edited for the purposes of ...."leaving space for the bus

11. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

peterba likes this.
  12. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

This exit business is working out so well... for criminals and terrorists anyway. :(

peterba likes this.
  13. Trannifan

What's all the fuss about ? Brexiteers are obsessed with 'taking back control'................aren't they?

Lynn

peterba likes this.
  14. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

A bit of oblox I think. Just like France pulling out of NATO command years ago, in no way did anyone think France should be undefended. Although outside the command structure, it was still part of the common alliance. This half wit is sulking about a vital member leaving the structure against their (EU) will, then saying they want to kick that member out? TM should just say F'*# off then, we will stop support now, or do you still want to have experts in anti-terrorism helping you out?

15. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I read somewhere recently that, in June 2016, Britain took the "sovereign decision" to leave the EU. Shome mishtake shurely?

One of the main planks of the Leave campaign was that we should vote Leave in order to take back sovereignty. In the Real World (a place rarely occupied by fervent Brexiteers), in order to take something back, one must not have it. Therefore, we must have not had sovereignty. I would submit, therefore, that we couldn't have taken a "sovereign decision". I rest my case... ;)

16. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Well, I just hope this isn't a re-hash of the proposed German system from a decade or so ago, involving motorcycles fitted with dual controls - Yes, with an additional pair of handlebars fitted behind the rider, for the instructor - riding pillion! :eek::confused:

17. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I suspect they have their own experts.
    TM saying F off to the EU would leave us in a great position, wouldn't it? "Well, if that's their attitude, up theirs" would be my thought, if I were an EU negotiator.
    Anyway, we tried that about money [remember "Whistle for it"?], we ended up admitting we owe more than the Tories offered at first. And at second.

S

peterba likes this.
  18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It's amazing how few of the mad to leave can see that the best we can hope for (if they have their way) is an economy that makes Greece look like a superpower. It really would be funny if it weren't so desperately sad.

19. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

The daft buggers who voted for Brexit didn't think of all these details.
    The trouble is the morons in charge of things like the security etc will just continue to sulk, not realising that the UK has probably more experience of anti-terrorism than any other of the countries. We know that Germany had the Bader Meinhof and Spain has had problems in the past (talking pre-psycho IS etc here) but the UK has dealt with NI for decades. 'let's kick out the most experienced person we have' is utterly stupid. I don't like Brexit at all, but I do think that TM should publicly ask the moron who made the statement if he wants us to stop supporting him now, and see what the half-wit has to say.

There's not much gets my back up, but Brexit is one. Half-wits trying to undermine the security of Europe is a big one, and don't get me started on the NHS.....it's too early in the morning to get stressed.:):confused:

20. willie45

I don't like Brexit but I don't like Barnier much better than any other self - serving politico. While Brexit won't help things at all, I think we can safely take this particular bit of fear - mongering with a generous pinch.