1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Brexit good news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roger Hicks, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

We all have our crosses to bear.............................

Lynn

2. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Not always, for when I began working for them the list of writers included some highly talented individual scribes: Vincent Mulchrone, J. L. Manning; Don Iddon (of New York Diary fame), Bernard Levin, Kenneth Allsop, and shortly afterwards came Ian Wooldridge. In those years the Mail was actually a very readable newspaper especially if you ignored the Editorials.

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Good heavans no. We are even more fractured.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Petty insults be damned! All or nothing. Most (not all) are one or more of the following: stupid, ignorant, racist, senile or full of empty, generalized, mindless resentment.

Cheers,

R.

5. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Here is my suggestion for streamlining the future all voting in the UK.

All voting becomes electronic no counting and fewer polling stations or polling stations in better locations

With the money that the government's saves it offers every birtish person a brand new free passport that they can just sort out at the PO.

Even you have current passport it will be renewed plus at the same time you register to vote. The new passport gives you access to your electronic voting. This will even apply to homeless people. They would benefit for having a passport if they need support.

Those who do not collect their free passport but are known to the government get fined because they have failed to register.

It time to get tough on people who don't bother to vote. Especially if they complain about changes to their lives due to a vote.

People have laid down their lives for us to have the right to vote in free election. People disrespect their memory and honour everytime they fail to cast a vote.

Buy a poppy and register to vote and make sure you vote when asked by YOUR government. Otherwise its not YOUR government is it?

The only way a 2nd EU vote will now occur is if there is a change of government ie Labour take over.

I am in favour of us leaving the EU but above that I believe in democracy and 72% making the decision sits very uneasy with me.

Now the turnout for the 1974 EEC vote was only 64.62% but the margin for yes was a massive 67.23% to 32.77% for no.

So again 14million did not vote :eek:

But it would have taken a missive 8.9millon vote to overturn the yes. That is 63% of those who did not bother. Not the 10% of the last vote which is more possible.

I do strongly suspect if a 2nd vote is called say by Labour before 2019 then it will be remain and I suspect the turnout will be much much higher say 90+%

I think it is a fact of life, joining something is always way more easier than leaving something. LOL

Andrew Flannigan and Roger Hicks like this.
  6. Roger Hicks

Well, a QUALIFIED like.

Cheers,

R.

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  7. Roger Hicks

Priti Patel also means ONE MORE Brexiter down. Sure, they're not all lying, stupid, dishonest or selfish, or any combination thereof. But even if you get rid of the ones who might have thought it through (as and when you may find them) it's a good start.

Cheers,

R.

8. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Roger it is Tory policy to let more people come to a premature end because of nurses returning to EU counties.now speak to that chap Hunt (no it is spelled with a H) he will assure you that this is a positive and will ensure the safe return of the NHS to the hands of his chums. It is safe policy for Tories kill the poor and ensure rich chums get even richer. Don

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

FWIW one of my brexit voting mates has finished his stint fixing red arrows and is now fixing spy planes. It was his wife that went 9 years without work due to where he was stationed.

Perhaps instead of having to pay to adopt EU policies we like we can just plagiarise them for free and we won't have so many people coming here to work for peanuts?

10. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

11. steveandthedogs

This is what we are likely to get in any trade deal:

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...u-brexit-chlorinated-chicken?CMP=share_btn_tw

S

Roger Hicks likes this.
  12. Roger Hicks

Dear Andrew,

Highlight 1: And you attribute this solely to the EU?

Highlight 2: You really don't understand how international agreements work, do you?

Cheers,

R.

13. Roger Hicks

steveandthedogs likes this.
  14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I worked with several EU citizens over the years. They came here because they had excellent skills that hadn't been aquired by UK citizens and could thus earn high salaries while getting to see another country. At the other end of the jobs market there's been a lot of discussion on the radio recently about farm workers. The general concensus is that very few UK citizens are willing or able to learn the techniques of farm work whereas the migrants grew up on farming and know what to do and have developed the physical stamina to do it. They don't just come to Britain but work all over the EU. As @Roger Hicks just wrote "Oh, not bloody FACTS again!"

15. steveandthedogs

Sorry, I was warned they were habit-forming, but you know what it's like when you are young...

S

Roger Hicks likes this.
  16. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

It seems some do.

To me the EU isn't just about being able to go live and work in other countries as we also adopt policies to reduce our impact on the environment. The free movement thing isn't my concern.

17. Roger Hicks

Dear Andrew,

How about preventing war and increasing prosperity and mutual understanding?

"It doesn't affect me" is a real Brexit-style argument. What about those it DOES affect?

Also, "It seems some do" is because a lot of people would rather blame ANYONE other than themselves for the mess Britain is in. But anyone who's voted for neo-liberalism (i.e. for most politicians since the Maggon) is to blame. It's British governments that have screwed up (and are continuing to screw up on the grand scale), not the wicked, evil EU.

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    Trannifan and steveandthedogs like this.
  18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

All the evidence points to the leave vote coming largely from those frustrated by the disasterous policies of UK governments since 1979. That these voters believe leaving the world's wealthiest trading block will improve matters reveals how well the lies have been spread by the same people who created the chaos in the first place. It seems that Sauron is alive and well and living in the village of Westminster.

19. Roger Hicks

Dear Andrew,

And then they claim not to be stupid...

Would they accept "gullible", I wonder?

Cheers,

R.

20. steveandthedogs

Or from a bunch of billionaire paper owners who live in tax havens outside the UK.

S