1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Brexit good news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Roger Hicks, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Or, given the Wail's obsession with house prices, tell them that houses everywhere will become totally unaffordable compared to todays prices!

Lynn

daft_biker likes this.
  2. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

The big risk of Boris is that if he became Tory leader, then he could win an election. Corbyn and Bojo are both extreemly devisive characters. It is uncertain how the divide would split. Personally I detest both of them but sense (not in this forum of course; this is hard Corbynistra) that I am in a minority. Most folks seem to like one or the other. I trust neither.

4. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

5. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Underline: Do you EVER bother to think about what you write? Or indeed, whether it means anything? Branding everyone on here as "hard Corbynistas" is a sure and certain sign of someone who buys his (ill-informed) opinions off the shelf, by the yard. I'd certainly rather see Keir Starmer QC in charge of Labour -- but I'd rather see Labour under Corbyn in charge rather than anyone in the Conservative party, except perhaps Ken Clarke QC,

(Cue "Venezuela" from the hard of thinking?)

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    peterba likes this.
  6. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Well, the Maybot lost the big vote this evening (Tuesday). Interesting how Brexit Tories wanted "sovereignty" and "taking back control" -- except when it came to parliament.

Another chip out of the wobbly base of the tottering lunacy that is Brexit.

Cheers,

R.

saxacat, peterba and steveandthedogs like this.
  7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Er, pardon?

S

8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

The plot curdles.........

Lynn

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

saxacat and steveandthedogs like this.
  10. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I don't recall reading (or writing) a single post on this forum which proclaimed unequivocal support for Jeremy Corbyn. Indeed, despite my occasional 'defence' of JC, on here (even as a lone voice, sometimes), I am not entirely convinced, either.

Would I like to see him as PM, in preference to May? Yes - partly because I concur with much of his platform, but mainly because I am appalled at the damage being inflicted upon the country, by the current government.

Do I think he's the 'new Messiah'? :rolleyes: Of course, not... but I do regard him as a decent and principled man - someone who would, just for a start, provide a welcome change from the ludicrous antagonistic Tory posturing toward the EU.

You appear to make the presumption that anti-Tory forum opinion automatically translates into support for Jeremy Corbyn. I am fairly confident that a trawl through some of the earlier political discussion threads would reveal this to be a substantially flawed supposition.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

No, your views are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to the right of Boris, that's always been clear; I really would hope that with the views you have espoused on here over the years you are in a tiny, tiny minority. But to imply that rejection of both the current shambolic mess of a governemwnt and of even more rabidly right-wing views somehow equates to support of Corbyn only shows how extreme your views actually are. From here in the more or less abandoned political centre, it's easy to see just how ridiculous almost all current parties are.

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Dunno what is worth getting worked up about when Labour and Conservative seem to get turns about at PM. It's like playing pool when the other player gets 2 shots if one pots the white by mistake. The black is teetering by a pocket this game though :eek:

13. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Has the Snow gone where you are yet?......

14. peterba

Not really. Since 1945:

10 Conservative governments (total years in office: ≈37)
    7 Labour governments (total years in office: ≈30)
    1 Coalition government (total years in office: ≈5)
    1 Pathetic shambles a.k.a. the current government (total years in office: ≈0.5)

Roger Hicks likes this.
  15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Not really but I went and found some....

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

.....and found out the traction control does something on my auto;)

16. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

:cool:

17. Andrew Flannigan

"he's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy". :cool:

saxacat and peterba like this.
  18. peterba

Yes, Bwian (sic). :)

I had paused after writing that, as I wondered if it might provoke a daft comment... and it did...!!

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  19. Andrew Flannigan

I'm glad I didn't disappoint you. :D

peterba likes this.
  20. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Anyone voting Labour in the next election will be voting for Corbyn. That's my definition of a Corbynista. After all Corbyn is not going to be replaced by Keir Starmer QC within the next six months.
    I admit that I was wrong some months ago when I stated that May would be gone by the last party conference, but now her time is now short. Hopefully.
    I also would hope that Keir Starmer QC or Chuka Umunna, another very able lawer, but who went into politics before being even a barrister never mind a QC (but almost certainly would have got there if he had stayed in law).do not replace Comrade Corbyn too soon. Either could beat any immediate prospective Tory leader in an election.