1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Morals

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In a situation like the one currently in Houston, where shops are gouging prices and charging $30+ for 12 packs of water, is stealing water from shops moral?

I'd say yes, if it is for those who need it. In fact, I'd probably say that regardless of the price gouging, but that's a different story. If stealing to resell, then obviously not.

Thoughts?

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I agree with you on all points. Nothing more to say.

3. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Not an issue.
    Straightforward survival tactics - anyone would 'steal' water if they couldn't get it any other way, and the shops charging that much deserve everything they get.

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Entirely in agreement.

5. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

No problem at all with your morality, Zou.

Now, if in order to steal the bottled water, the dehydrated citizen had to kill the parasitic shopkeeper............

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

$hiĀ£ happens.

7. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

This is where the good old President could earn some well needed Brownie Points. Make all food and water available for free from the local shops, then reimburse the shopkeepers out of the Arms budget. It would be pennies in comparison to the cost of a couple of Tomahawks. Win/Win/Win

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

But he knows the way to popularity isn't kindness, it's war. If he does do something like that, you just know that the money for reimbursement will come from single mothers of disabled children. :confused:

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  9. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Arms manufacture is big business in the US, if there were military cutbacks or the Laws on weapon ownership changed, I'm guessing the number of people becoming unemployed, could be quite substantial, so the Brownie points gained by doing that, could soon be lost due to workers in that industry. On the other hand, Trump's said he'll donate a $1Bn of his own money to the Houston flooding - and the cynic in me says, except he's hoping the majority of this will be used to build houses, which he will then charge rent on?

steveandthedogs likes this.
  10. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Whoops! Dished out far too much credit to Trump - It's $1M - Some yanks will probably disparagingly say, for him, this is just pocket money.

11. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And some will probably say it's more than he actually has - he does tend to exaggerate his wealth, apparently...

12. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Hmm? Probably a fraction of what he owes the IRS in tax.

13. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

That's outrageous! ...D.Trump - Twitter. :rolleyes: