1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitors

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by steveandthedogs, Mar 6, 2019.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Just wondering which monitors people are using.
    Thinking on getting an IPS type to stick on the laptop, so something about 24" or smaller would be ideal.

Any ideas out there?

S

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It won't help you because it isn't made anymore - its a NEC P221W. When I replace it I'll probably look at Eizo, they seem to have grown their mid-price range.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  3. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

AOC 23" must be at least 5 years old.

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

AOC 19"which I`ve had for rather longer than Mike,calibrated fortnightly.

5. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

The Philips Brilliance 241B7QPJKEB IPS panel at around £200 currently gets good reviews in PC magazines for its 'impressive colour accuracy and contrast ratio' and 'superb value'. In the 27" area the AOCQ2778VQA at around a similar price also gets good reviews although not quite up to the Phillips.

6. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Cheers Velo.

Have looked at that one - would like to see one in the flesh, but around here? No chance.

Having said that, tempted to just order one.

Having said that - a bloke in the club has just offered me one for free, the only thing is that I suspect it is a bit ancient, around 15-20 years or more.

We shall see. Could get the Philips and give the older one to family or someone I suppose.

S

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If the reviews mean impressively high contrast this isn't necessarily good for editing, especially if going on to print. High contrast screens may not necessarily deal well with the mid-tones. The main problem with choosing monitors is that it is hard to find them demonstrated at all, let alone in suitable conditions for editing.