1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monday mono Madness

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Danski, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Danski

Danski Well-Known Member

i dont do a lot off mono mainly cause i like landscapes early morning light and late evening, but ive not had a car for three weeks and needed to get out. the following are all shot from today in liverpool with a 16-35 F4 L IS USM

please CC where applicable .i did enjoy my self today and would like to do more of this, but better more refined stuffs

[​IMG]Dizzy to the top by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

[​IMG]Mono Magic by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

[​IMG]To the point by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

[​IMG]Street by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

[​IMG]Corporate by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Right up my street, I like those. Number 4 is my favourite though I think. The last one, the Liverpool museum perhaps?has too many people in it. One on the stairs would have been good but too many at the spiral end and on the stairs. I appreciate it is hard to get a clear shot in places such as these. As well as those, signage and desks etc are a PITA in museums and such.

Danski likes this.
  3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I like them a lot and would echo Nigel's thougths on the last one. Looking at it again it reminds me of my attempt to get something at the TV tower in Berlin. I ended up changing the lens and focusing on just the person on the sofa/bench at the bottom of the drop because every other shot had so many distracting elements in it. That said, it then became a shot of a person on a bench and probably I"m the only one who can tell you where it was made. One and four are my favourites, definitely.

Danski likes this.
  4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

1,2 and 4 for me. Love them, especially 4, which is real seeing eye. Agree the last got a bit complicated.

Danski likes this.
  5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

#2 gives me vertigo.

Great shots - nothing to add.

Danski likes this.
  6. Danski

Danski Well-Known Member

thanks, i agree about the last shot being to complicated. i think i will go back and re shoot it and have a look for another angle. they where fussy about me setting up a tripod so everything had to be handheld

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

That's a good set, particularly 1 & 4. The last is perhaps weakest - perhaps a bit too complex when compared to the pared down simplicity of the rest. I wondered if there could be a case for losing a bit off the right of number one as it feels a little heavy on the black but having tried cropping it on screen i haven't convinced myself I'm not so sure...

Danski likes this.
  8. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

4 is really nice. Doesn't need the vignette tho

Danski likes this.