1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing this week's AP

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by nf3996, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Of course we had to wait a few days to see the film issue:)
    Very occasionally AP has arrrived on time on Tuesday, slightly occasionally on Monday, and usually delightfully early on Saturday morning. For the film issue you have to wait for D&P, so a day late; it came this morning.

JBJB and Roger Hicks like this.
  2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Mine finally arrived late yesterday.

Cheers, Jeff

3. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

Mines at last arrived at 12:00 Thursday.

4. jacobs_mark

jacobs_mark Member

As AP never goes to press late, sub/retail delays are usually due to local issues. However, in this case, I suspect that it may have been due to the demise of a central supplier. I can’t say for certain as, has been mentioned, I no longer work there… here… there... Best to contact the subs dept. should it occur again:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/contact

5. Learning

Fortuneately Mark it was rather apt. Digital makes us too impatient. If there had to be a hiccup in printing or distribution it was good fortune that it was a film issue. Just a reminder of how things used to be.

6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

So why does my digital copy normally arrive 3 days later than the printed version?!

Is the editor listening?

7. Learning

At a guess I'd say that all printed magazines are dispatched together. Shops must have the magazines by the publication day which is Tuesday. Subscribers should also get their magazines reliably by second class post by Tuesday. Second class post can take several days to deliver but in practice is often as fast as first class post. The result is that subscribers usually get their magazine early so that it is very rarely late.
    The digital version is delivered reliably within seconds and can be transmitted on the morning of publication day.
    This is of course only a guess.

8. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

But is a very good answer.

9. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Good to know Mark is alive and well.

RogerMac likes this.
  10. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I've been having issues with postal deliveries of my subscription copy, not just AP but a weekly motoring title too, for a good few months now. I'm half tempted to cancel my subscription as Royal Mail cannot deliver on Saturdays as they always used to, on a regular basis. Strange how technology can improve so many things but something so basic as delivering the post seems to get worse over time.
    The latest magazine arrived on Saturday; last week it was Monday and a few weeks ago it was Wednesday which was annoying, not for the first time since I could have bought a copy in the shops on the Tuesday! The other title I subscribe to should be delivered on a Wednesday but often it's Thursday and on one occasion (again fairly recently) it was the following Monday.

One odd thing about AP is that last year, on almost every Bank Holiday Monday occasion, the magazine arrived earlier still - on the Friday instead of Saturday.

11. Learning

I have a rational answer for that as well, but it is so obvious that I can't be arsed to express it.