1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miranda Tripods?

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by jetskidia, Dec 5, 2009.

1. jetskidia

jetskidia New Member

Hi
    I've managed to loose my quick release plate from my Miranda Tripod, any idea where I can get another one from?

Anyone know who makes or sells Miranda tripods?
    Thanks

2. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Miranda was a badge name used by Dixons (when they were a proper camera shop) some time ago. You'll have difficulty finding spares now - but you may be lucky if you take your tripod to some camera shops and see what's in their "bargain bin". If you're at all handy you can make a replacement from acrylic or hardwood - I have on several occasions - not that difficult.

3. daddychubby

daddychubby New Member

I had The same problem with my Miranda MT5 Tripod, I Lost the adapter plate and could not find a replacement for it. So I made one from some 9mm thick plywood. I then had an idea. The part that has the attachment screw in it is standard more or less for all cameras. I had bought a plate for another type of Tripod (that looked the same as what had been on my Tripod. So I hack sawed the lower part off , leaving the screw and spring loaded positioning pin in place cleaned it up then made a replacement part out of 9mm Plywood the correct size etc for the Miranda MT5. I attached it to the upper part with 4 small counter sunk screws. It works a treat. If its possible I will upload a picture. :)

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Just to flag that the original post is from 2009

5. daddychubby

daddychubby New Member

Thanks for that. I did realise that the original post was 6 years old but as no real solution had been given in reply I thought it may be useful to let people know what remedy I had used.

6. I found a weird 'flexible' tripod that you can use to roll it, i.e., in a tree, post, etc. and also serves as a regular one. It's for cameras up to 1 kg. It's quite cool! Do you want the info?

7. Could you check this flexible tripod that I was talking about? It's this one:

upload_2016-3-2_17-2-41.png
    You can find it here:

http://joby.com/gorillapod/gorillapod-hybrid

Cool, isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2016
  8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They are not new. I'd guess they have been around for 10 years or so.