1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mifsuds

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bob58, Oct 13, 2006.

1. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

Hi
    i was in brixham the weekend so thought i would pay a visit to mifsuds <span style="color:red"> </span>
    now i am sure there must be a reason for the name although it seems strange to me, does anyone know why it is called mifsuds

suppose i should have asked myself whilst i was there :rolleyes:

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

It’s a private name as in say Brown’s etc - I think it's Maltese...

Matthew Mifsud runs the shop now after his father retired. The shop is in the process of being enlarged...

At least you can always talk to Matthew for a good deal :)

Highly recommended shop :cool:

Chris

3. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Only used them once, but the mail order service was superb. Always decent prices.

4. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Oh yes. Great people to do business with. Got my Z70 and MZ10 from them, both at great prices and in mint condition.

5. welshwizard645

welshwizard645 Well-Known Member

Bought most of my recent stuff from there (MZ-S, *Ist-D, various Sigma lenses)...

Always good service...

6. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Never visited (which is silly because it's only a few miles down the road!) but mail order was excellent - arrived the next day at a VERY good price!

7. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've had good service there too - always pay a visit when I'm down that way

8. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

ahh right i just did'nt know if perhaps it was like an anagram of photography terms or something to do with names

like all other replies it comes reccomended have used mail order before with no complaints at all, as i was in the area thought i would pop in, well i did'nt quite know where to look first its like an alladins cave and must admit there second hand stuff looked in good condition to me, and the staff were more than obliging,

if you are in the area i can certainly reccomend a visit you are made more than welcome

9. DaveCarr

DaveCarr Well-Known Member

Yep, as Chris said, Mifsud is quite a common name in Malta..