1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Outlook Down

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zak52, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Zak52

Zak52 Well-Known Member

It seems Outlook has crashed in a big way, I have no email access today. Can't send or receive anything. Microsoft are saying it could be another 24 hours before the situation is resolved. I'm praying it isn't a massive hacking operation........

2. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I've just sent an e mail but it's disappeared into the ether. Not in my outbox or my sent box!! Last mail I received was at 11.20 this morning.

3. Zak52

Zak52 Well-Known Member

Strangely, Apple were able to send me one just minutes ago.

4. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There are lots of servers so outages can be "local". I've had mail into both my microsoft mail and 365/exchange accounts today but it has been quiet.

6. proseak

proseak Well-Known Member

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

My office and home Outlook are working fine.

8. Craig20264

Nope. Still dead here.

9. Craig20264

Just got it back now, but lots gone missing I fear!

10. Craig20264

BLIMEY! They're piling through now. I'll be up all night. The boss has found me! :confused:

RovingMike likes this.
  11. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Seems in this case it was wide spread issues across many data centres. Not that we expect MS to actually tell us enterprise customers what's happening.

However just think of the money people are saving by outsourcing email/exchange to the cloud platform!!

12. Zak52

Zak52 Well-Known Member

All seems normal this morning and all yesterday's emails appear to have arrived.

13. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Looking at my deleted Hotmail it seems I have received a steady trickle of email over the past 24 hours. There is no indication of a problem but my account is a hotmail.com one and not a .co.uk account, if that makes any difference. I am also using Apple Mail rather than either Outlook or a web browser to access my account.

14. Lost_In_France

Lost_In_France Well-Known Member

Mine's hotmail.com also and I was down for most of yesterday. Seems to be slowly resolving itself now with a slow and steady trickle of emails, and automated responses to emails sent, coming in now as they work through the backlog.

15. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I don't use my Hotmail account for initiating email only for replying, I give the Hotmail address when buying on-line or creating log-ons so I can be fairly sure that if it comes in on Hotmail it can be safely ignored for some time. My responses to various emails appear to have been sent.