1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meopta Enlarger Timer B6 Manual

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by butchers, Oct 15, 2017.

1. butchers

butchers New Member

I have obtained a Meopta enlarger timer a Viponel Combi B6 model, unfortunately it came without an instruction manual.
    I have been trying in vain to obtain one online, and thought that I'd been lucky, from Old Timer Cameras.

They said they had one, I filled in the form and ordered it. They sent me emails regarding it including one [dated 9th October 2017] stating it had been sent out to me, with the time it would take to reach me, depending on my location.
    Their next email was received dated 12th October 2017. this however informed me that they did not have a manual for the B6 model, but they did have one for the B5 model. Did I want that one, or would I prefer a refund? I replied that as I don't know enough about differences between these models, I would prefer a refund.

My advice is don't trust them to be reliable.

Now I am back to square one, and I need an instruction manual for this model. Can anyone tell me where I can locate one?

I have tried without success these sources, the Meopta History site they have downloads for lots of their products but I can't find this item amount them. eBay have Meopta stuff but not this.

I will keep plugging away as I can't wait anymore to actually start using it.

Attached Files:

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

They (Old Time Cameras) seem to have conducted themselves in exemplary fashion. I wouldn't expect an enlarger to be particularly high tech. Push come to shove it is all experimentation !

3. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Seems like Old Timer cameras made a simple mistake and offered you a refund. No reason not to trust them. From the photo it looks like it has a fine time scale and a coarse time scale. They usually have a focus button which turns the enlarger on for focussing (hence the name). Fiddle around with it - you'll get it to work.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Meopta gear was generally pretty simple in design and use, a bit of experimentation should indeed do the trick.

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Have you thought about contacting Meopta? http://www.meoptahistory.com/index.php?id=352 I think the unit you've got is actually known as the Viponel B6. There's always the chance they'll send you a scan of their office copy.