1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memories

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Catriona, Sep 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Not necessarily your best, but the ones that bring back good memories.

I'm trying to stay positive this weekend since it's an anniversary of a sad time. So I looked for the pictures (well one or two) that remind me of happy times, gentle times and walks on the beach and in my garden.

Please feel free to post your own specials.

ap misty broad bay.jpg

ap digging sand at the beach.jpg

ap old manse front garden 1.jpg

and just for me, one of my successes in Texas. Stayed there afterwards with a friend. :)
    ap texas winner.jpg

Zou, RovingMike, Dan S and 1 other person like this.
  2. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

It is hard to think what photographs would not be a memory, but I assume that you are referring to personal memories. Many of mine have been displayed here. It is sad that pictures taken with joy can be a heartbreak down the line.

Zou, dream_police and Catriona like this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I agree. There are some I can't look at without them generating sad thoughts and nightmares. Yesterday was seven years down the line from my husband's death. The fact that it took place other than here (we were on a short break holiday) meant that I had no support system for the four weeks of nightmare we both went through. It took me a long while to put it in a box in my head and not revisit every moment.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

'fraid all mine are in about 30 albums that my ex kept when we were divorced. Promised selections and copies of home videos paid for many years ago have never somehow managed to turn up.....

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

When I met up with my friend of over 40 years last week, he had a couple of photos of when we went interailing when we 17 or so. That evoked good memories and a laugh. I would be too embarrassed to post them on here though.
    As it happens, i posted a photo a few weeks back on here. That was of my friend. He hadn’t seen that in 30 odd years.
    So, yeah a lot of photos can bring joy and good memories (most most probably) it’s just passing those that don’t. I guess though, they do actually provide good memories but they go hand in hand with sadness.

In fact here it is (no sadness in this - they are just trying to be cool!)

[​IMG]liverpool bridge by Nigel G, on Flickr

Nikonchris and Catriona like this.