1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May, 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of May 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of May 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Spring Clean

[​IMG]

My good deed for the year - SWMBOs Puma after I'd borrowed my mum's hosepipe and cleaned all the volcanic gunk off of the car!

11:20 am

3. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Red Kite

[​IMG]

Went on the first walk of Rutland Walking week, spotted this Red Kite gliding above. Shame it's not a bit sharper really, but there wasn't much time to hang around.

Taken with a Canon 20D May 1st 2010 around 12pm

4. Boxy

Boxy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The back garden - busy tidying up the garden ahead of the beer & BBQ season :cool:

5. kt2

kt2 Well-Known Member

Re: Pav

I had hoped to post a picture of some deer, seen them every morning for the last week or so whilst out walking the dog, but they were nowhere to be seen this morning. Bloody typical! So this is as wild as it gets. My cat.

[​IMG]

Kt

6. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    After a week laid low with a cold I went out for a run this morning, pausing briefly to enjoy the view across the reservoir and use my phone to take some shots. A fab start to May.

7. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Up Hill

[​IMG]

The long walk home from the station, about 15:30 hrs
    Dysart Road, Grantham

Orange SPV-E650 mobile phone

8. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Two Ancient Specimens

[​IMG]

The distant loco is only just slightly more ancient than me!

My wife suggested that we visit the National Railway Museum's Shildon outpost, Locomotion, as there was a display of amateur artwork to be seen. Unknown to us, the new steam locomotive Tornado was there and in steam, while there were a further three locos fired up, with the little J72 tank giving rides in a brake van.

A payment of £2.50 obtained access to the footplate of Tornado - magic!

On Monday night they are hosting a Photographers' evening, £5 to get in. Can't make it unfortunately.

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

New Reading Glasses

What it says.^ Another bloody half a dioptre up the Swannee - gah, I hate being middle-aged! [​IMG] Still, nice to be able to read clearly again at the normal distance! :)

[​IMG]

8:05pm, 1st of May, 2010; at home in Dorset. Camera was the D2X, with 50mm f/1.4 - just to emphasize the OOF effect. :)

10. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

British Superbikes

[​IMG]

1 May 2010, 14:35, Oulton Park, Cheshire.

11. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

After the lunch rush ....

Taken some time after lunch, getting ready for the evening rush! pub is on the A27 so get alot of passing trade.

[​IMG]

12. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Beauty and the Beast.

[​IMG]

Another spring has come and I still have not started the re-build on my old 2dr Rangie. About 10.30 on my drive, 1st May.

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Clouds gather at the Butts

[​IMG]

Clouds gather as Coventry get crushed by Rotherham, leading to their relegation to the third tier of English Rugby this afternoon.

14. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Re: May, 2010 - Curious Darwin

[​IMG]

8:35pm
    Taken with a Panasonic DMC-LX3, between the living room and the hall.

15. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

On my way to Dinner ...

<u> EXIF INFO </u>

File Name: AP-FV-May-10-IMGP4066.jpg (rename)

File Size: 43 kb - 600 x 394

Camera Make: PENTAX

Camera Model: PENTAX K200D

Date/Time: 2010:05:01 18:07:11

Resolution: 600 x 394

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 200.0mm (35mm equivalent: 300...

Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)

Aperture: f/4.0

ISO Equiv.: 400

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: center weight

Exposure: program (auto)

[​IMG]

:)

Jack

16. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Mallard

Nothing exciting, but an experiment using a Canon 300mm f2.8 lens with a Canon 2x tele-converter stacked with a Kenko 1.4x tele-converter, on a 7D. Manual focus is a bit of a bind, especially as I wear glasses......

[​IMG]

Aperture Priority mode, Tv 1/320, Av 8.0, ISO 400, with -1/3 exposure compensation. Un-cropped.

17. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Bit of a dreicht start to the month. Just for a change :eek: Back garden through kitchen window....

[​IMG]

Taken with a DSLR as my compact doesn't seem to hold any sort of a charge now....time for a new toy :)

18. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

Re: May, 2010 - Bluebells in High Woods

[​IMG]

Bluebells seen in the woods whilset taking the dog and the tribe for a walk.

12:59pm 1st May
    Panasonic DMC-LX3

19. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Stuck for something, as I didn't leave the house all day, so went for the old fall-back position, a screen grab;

[​IMG]

Faffing with Record much of the day hence the composite image of the three screens involved.

20. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Taken last night on my G1, showing my next read, QI on in the background
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.