1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May, 2010 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, May 1, 2010.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for comments arising from the May 2010 picture thread.

2. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

The garden is looking good Martin, are we all invited to a BBQ?

3. Boxy

Boxy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan Keith - might need to be more of a work party than a BBQ at the speed I'm going. Decided to start cleaning the outside of the conservatory while I was out there - a major error :(

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Up Hill -- APChris

I can believe that Steveng can't find anything to shoot in Granthem :D but, maybe, he doing
    the "down hill' version which might less inspiring ;)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Re: Up Hill -- APChris

Blast! Totally forgot about First View :eek: As luck would have it i did get one series of shots of a subject in so I'll upload one of those tomorrow when i get back to my laptop to process it. :)

6. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Re: Up Hill -- APChris

I find it challenging finding stuff to shoot here sometimes too, I know how he feels :D

7. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

Chris First View

well done chris, glad your shots got used - sounds like right place right time!! :D

8. chr1s

chr1s Well-Known Member

Re: Chris First View

cheers :)

i wouldn't have even known about it had andy not mentioned it on here!

it almost wasn't right place right time though, as the start time and meeting point on the website was wrong!
    me and my mate darren checked a few places, in a speed tour of edinburgh, until we found a load of couriers that were also looking for the event.
    we had a good chat with them and swapped numbers, so whoever found it first could let the others know. it all worked out in the end though :)

wasn't quite the turnout or event i was expecting, but was still fun for a few hours on saturday morning. i spent the afternoon taking portraits in the meadows and playing with flashguns in greyfriars. not a bad may day really :D

9. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Sorry for being late. We got back this afternoon from a week in the Lake District. It was a pretty dull week, but the one really bright spot was to see the Georgian Market in Cockermouth on Saturday, to witness the progress towards getting the main street businesses opened up again and especially to say hello to our old friend Joe Fagan who got his pub open for business once more on Friday.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Ta, everyone - picture thread is now closed. As usual, latecomers should pm me or a mod to get the thread re-opened. Assuming the country hasn't descended into anarchy and chaos by then, we shall reconvene here again on the 1st of June. :)