1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masters of Photography is back

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by RovingMike, May 23, 2019.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Sky Arts, Tuesday 8pm.

Sadly I'll be at the airport heading towards China. Will have to record 3 episodes, so no spoilers please!

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike. I was only looking at the website Theo their day to see when it was on. There was nothing showing. You would have thought it would have been on there.

Just noticed that SkyQ had already picked it up and put on a series link.

3. RovingMike

Just catching up on this. Watched the first last night. The first round is usually easy, but this was a real pig. Not sure how they made a connection with the theme in several cases, but I guess the old formula applied: if you like the pic, there's a connection. Bloke who went very literal and shot the woman in white coat got away with one I think.

4. RovingMike

• This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

Is this a new system?

5. RovingMike

And the girl who went second seemed to want to do her thing, not their thing. She self-destructed.

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Just noticed this appearing on NOW TV last night so I've watched the first two. I would agree that the first brief was a nightmare and I guess that was reflected in my sense that four out of the eight submitted shots could have proved fatal.

Second episode was really interesting. The one who went this week was one of those on dangerous ground last week and the fact they completely failed to see what was bleedin' obvious was quite astounding really. Although I suppose if you're not of the right age group?

7. RovingMike

Yes two bummers in a row is death. Think we don't risk a spoiler if we say who now, but that girl really had her own agenda all through. Some creative people in our business do too and have to learn what a brief is and how to fulfill it without just literally interpreting it in pictures and words.
    I thought in George Michael, she actually had the easiest subject,

8. RovingMike

Very easy to spot the two who were competing to leave last night. Just fly on the wall shots.

9. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member