1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Jacobs

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by swanseadave, Jul 9, 2016.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

............where is he,has he left the employ of AP?
    I notice he is no longer art editor so I assume...........

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Well that really sucks if, indeed, Mr. Jacobs has left AP :eek:

Jack

3. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Latest issue of AP dropped through the letterbox this morning;
    Art Editor : Sarah Foster

No mention of Mark Jacobs :-(

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Shame. Pity we don't have a news bulletin now and then for the forum telling us of changes. Did the offices move? I so seldom see the mag in the shops, I'm unaware of fundamental changes.

5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

He was one of the brighter members of staff.
    I just hope he has moved on to better things, and pastures new.

6. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

He is still down as the Art Editor in Wikipedia but that is not evidence as sometimes it is years out of date.

7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

or occasionally just wrong.

However, I have it on good authority*...
    [​IMG]

* ie, I just made it up...

8. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Yes, they relocated a few months back from central London to Farnborough (Hants), just down the road from me. They may get some good shots of aerobatics at the air show this coming week, but it could be that the move has caused commuting issues for some of their staff. Sadly I don't think I have the relevant skills to apply for any vacancies that may come up :-(

Catriona likes this.
  9. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

You are correct, Catriona. Mark Jacobs was one of about five members of staff who chose to leave AP back in March when we relocated from London to Farnborough. Sarah was his Deputy and has now taken Mark's place. However, Mark did come back in to cover on a freelance basis recently when Sarah was on holiday.

10. Done_rundleCams

Is he on to a different photography magasine, Nigel, and, if so, are you at liberty to mention which one?

Cheers,

Jack Simpson

11. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Mark has been around AP for ages so I wondered if he had started to prepare for retirement. Whatever, he did a great job for the mag through many changes. My good wishes to him for whatever he is doing & chooses to do in future.

RogerMac and Done_rundleCams like this.
  12. Done_rundleCams

Ditto, Oly, Ditto :)

Cheers,

Jack

13. jacobs_mark

jacobs_mark Member

Well thank you all.

Suffice to say that I’m alive and well, and have been more than happy to have deputised for the last couple of weeks in the run up to the Farnborough Airshow. (It was LOUD!)

For me.... Costa Rica calls. (It’s an ‘in joke’) Perhaps I'll make it. Perhaps I won't, but it'll be fun trying.

It’s been great. Starting out at IPC/AP, freelance, I never expected to find myself there 20+ years later. Career twists and turns led me to such.

The reason that I stayed so long was thanks to the great teams that I've worked with. The fact that we, editorial staff, contributors, and (most importantly) readers, are part of 132 years plus worth of (near) continuous publishing history.

This seems a little special to me. Long may it continue. Best wishes to all.

Regards
    m

PS. Myk, Nick, Daftbiker, Lisa etc. (Nods towards David, Huw, Fen etc. etc. please bin this ‘ID’ It’s against forum rules… but accept my best wishes) MWAHHH!!!

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Think it's fairy nuff - time for your secret identity to be your only identity...

Done_rundleCams and daft_biker like this.
  15. Done_rundleCams

All the best, Mark :) and when you make your way to Costa Rica, going via Vancouver won't really take you a long way from
    your destination ;)

Cheers and hope you pop in once in a bit :)

Jack