1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March 2018 Theme - Made for Each Other

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Zou, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Feeling fresh today!
    freshness ap.jpg
    miked, Zou, EightBitTony and 2 others like this.
  2. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

First time using motor drive on a then new Minolta 7000, 3 from a sequence of 5 - Launch of the Lizard Lifeboat; nowadays I usually manage to get all of the subject in shot!

lzdlaunch2.jpg lzdlaunch5.jpg
  3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I saw the badges, and the chewing gum at the same moment, and thought they'd make a good pair of shots (not based on their own technical merit, since they're terrible photographs), but I was wrong. I'm presenting them anyway.

20180314-6D-IMG_8850_x800_hq.jpg 20180314-6D-IMG_8857_x800_hq.jpg

What it did inspire me to do was search these out. Spots.

20180314-6D-IMG_8859_x800_hq.jpg 20180314-6D-IMG_8952_x800_hq.jpg 20180314-6D-IMG_8860_x800_hq.jpg

on the rest of my walk through the city.
  4. Catriona

Oh yes!
    I just keep wondering what pairs up with my rotten cold! Not inspiratioon, that's for sure.

Well done sir!
    Done_rundleCams and Zou like this.
  5. EightBitTony

Well, I'm cursed by this forum. Clearly, plenty of people on here with health conditions worse than mine, but I've had my cold/flu/whatever since December and this morning the nurse practitioner confirmed the rash I have is indeed shingles.
    Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

You have a rash too??? I had shingles years ago. I've had so many tests for this rash (arms, legs) but so far all the results say is what I haven't got - not what I have got! Off/on since last autumn. Flare up today. I wonder if digging outside yesterday caused that.

You have my great sympathy. Sore more than itchy so far as I remember!

7. EightBitTony

Yes, very painful, essentially viral infection of a nerve, so when the cold causes me to sneeze / cough my arm flares up in burning pain, quite unusual.
  8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Shingles is rotten - never had it myself but I do know several people who have So you have my sincere sympathy I just hope it goes away soon :D
  9. EightBitTony

Have had it about 4 or 5 days, looked like bites at first, was too busy yesterday to get to the docs, and now it's too late for anti-virals, so it's just pain killers for me. I think it's more a concern that the cold/flu has run my immune system so low it's allowed shingles to develop.

Luckily, our house is a cornucopia of pain medication, so there's plenty of choice :)
  10. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

My late wife had bad cough/cold symptoms with some chest pain starting in January 2008 which persisted, local GP prescribed 7 lots of antibiotics and steroids between January and April when they finally decided an xray might be a good idea - the xray found lung cancer, by then too advanced to operate, she passed in the July.

Stikes me sometimes as a sort of "Oh give'em some pills and send them away" attitude by some practices.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have two friends who have come down with shingles in the last week. Sympathies all round I think!
  12. Catriona

First time walking to town in 3 weeks. I did it! Cough, splutter, but got some fresh air.
    Funny thing happened to me in the Co-op.
    There I was waiting very patiently as a tall gentleman stood beside me as he used the tongs to bag up some rolls.
    He then grabbed another bag and said 'How many croissants?' Two, I said - before asking - how did you know that was what I wanted? He just laughed!

boat 1 ap.jpg loose end ap.jpg ropes ap.jpg
  13. EightBitTony

I sent the staff in the Tesco cafe a Christmas card, I just signed it with my order, because they know that but don't know my name (pretty much the same order since I started going in 2006).
    Zou and Catriona like this.
  14. Catriona

Haha! Like it. I might have just accepted it if it had been some staff member, but he was a stranger to me!
  15. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

This may be a stretch .... Fans and a Singer/Band ...a UK heavy metal band, Architects, fans are from Vancouver ;)

Mar1-18-AP-Thurs-IMGP6102 copy.jpg Mar1-18-AP-Thurs-IMGP6103 copy.jpg

As a sidenote, you know you're getting too old to shoot concerts, when the other photogs could be your grandkids :eek: ... :D
    ... although, the old guy was the only one to get fan ;)

Zou and Catriona like this.
  16. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Miss purple hair looks too busy looking at the back of her camera instead of getting on with the job! ;)
    Done_rundleCams likes this.
  17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A pair from the last round of wintry weather, waves against walls:

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It's bath time...

iPad Air 20180314 17.jpg

...so fill the bath...

iPad Air 20180314 14.jpg

...and hop in...

iPad Air 20180314 18.jpg
    Done_rundleCams likes this.
  19. Catriona

feet ap.jpg
  20. EightBitTony

Done_rundleCams, Zou and Catriona like this.