1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March, 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of March 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of March 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Mark

Mark Well-Known Member

Spring morning, Sussex

[​IMG]

View from the end of back garden at noon today.

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Desk, Debris & Shizzle

[​IMG]

What, again!

Yes. Today I shall be mostly sat at my desk. Having sparked up some incense I thought, 'why not'... Needless to say the desk is sacrosanct and herself isn't allowed near it, not even for Spring cleaning.

Date & Time: 01/03/2010 lunch time

Camera: Pentax Optio E75 (The Nipper's camera) ;)

4. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

Apple Tears

[​IMG]

My first firstview image went in the main compitition so i did this one after enjoying an apple.

I took the oppertunity to have a play with CS4's content-aware scaleing, which now i've said it makes it pretty obvious :eek:

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Potty time

[​IMG]

Taken lunch time on the Panasonic TZ7 - lobster pots being repaired ready for spring.

6. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Waiting for the birds....

The weatherman says it'll be sunny, soon.......

[​IMG]

Somewhere in Somerset.

7. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Open plan loo...!

[​IMG]

Building work started today on turning separate loo and bathroom into 1 room. With the walls gone it looks very spacious up there! :eek:

View from the landing about 12:30 Hrs

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Coming soon

Posters in an empty shop window in Blandford Forum - a new bakery coming soon [​IMG], a fashion museum, and kickboxing classes. Think I'll just stick with the bakery. :)

[​IMG]

1st of March, 2010; 3:19pm, Blandford Forum town centre.

9. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Funky furniture

[​IMG]

Funky furniture outside a shop on the Cold Bath Road, Harrogate. Taken on the way back from the Post Office with my current belle, the Lumix GF1 after posting off my first ever digital camera, the Nikon D70s, which I've just sold.

10. quietangel

quietangel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

as you can see, all my boys are hard at work (well reading the paper and buying stuff on ebay is very important work!!) taken at 9am from my desk

11. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

I was on the RNLI slipway photographing a storm coming our way when a mouse popped up. It hunkered down until we left. I only had my 10-20 and could not get a close view so this is heavily cropped.
    [​IMG]

12. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Re: Messing about on the river

[​IMG]

Went out for a spin today, picked up Claire (Yelofox) and got her on film for a change.....normally she's gone like the wind when you point a camera at her....weather was a bit dull but nice to have a day off work and get out for a few hours. :)

13. peterf

peterf Well-Known Member

A Gower walk on St. David's day

[​IMG]

On a walk from Rhossilli to Mewslade in perfect weather.

14. DianeKing

DianeKing Active Member

Mo

[​IMG]
    My greyhound, Mo. She was sunning herself in the lounge this afternoon but wouldn't look towards the window for love nor treats so half light, half shadow it had to be!

15. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

At last some sunshine in the morning - today was the first time this year that I have been able to cycle to work without lights! My route can go past the Stadium of Light, the home of Sunderland AFC. The photo shows part of the bronze sculpture of Bob Stokoe, the manager of the team when they won the FA cup way back in 1973.

Canon 450D Zuiko 50mm f1.4

16. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

The first sunshine for ages went through a bevelled glass edge on the table.

[​IMG]

MickLL

17. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Seeing off an immigrant

In the grounds of Woburn Abbey, about 11:20 a.m.

A swan (one of a pair) being very aggressive towards a Canada Goose.

[​IMG]

18. cpfc12

cpfc12 Well-Known Member

Spring at last. My back garden overlooking the South Downs towards Brighton.Taken around 16.00. A lovely day. [​IMG]

19. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

Waiting for Spring...

[​IMG]

Looooooong day, lovely and sunny - but had no camera with me.
    Battery on the D70 is dead (that tells another story), so I borrowed the Lumix fro Him Indoors... :D

My kitchen, about 20 mins ago. :)

20. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Also from Surrey Heath

Just noticed that Aliera's location is shown as Surrey Heath so this can't be far from her either... desk in my study at home near Camberley, about 9:00pm. Finally got to make an extension lead from some spare cable and fittings I had lying around. Price tags on the packs of fuses tell a sad tale of retailing in the UK. Fuji F60fd, forced flash on auto
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.