1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March, 2010 - FirstView Comments

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Re: Rufford Abbey (1)

to which bit?

You said that you ave got the image to 87k. Where are you stuck?

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: OneTen

Wow, Richard - not only do you get to work in some beautiful places, you get great toys to play with too! :)

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Oh yeah - I meant to say that too, obviously. [​IMG] ;)

4. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

I'm not sure, but the image I thought was 87k has also been deleted, so thee must have been something wrong with it.

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

I deleted the original post with the 190kB image, but nothing else - unless maybe another mod has zapped it.

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Nope. No one deleted it from what I've seen. been sitting here for some time now

7. Jacqui Jay

OK, I've just loaded another version, this one read as 70k. I'm beginning to really dislike this picture!!

8. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

It's there and it's 76k :)

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Brilliant - thanks for persisting! :)

10. Jacqui Jay

Thank you all, glad it worked out OK.

11. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I know that feeling. Like editing a video to a music track, by the time I'm finished I hate the track (<mem2self> never select a track I actually like...). ;)

And welcome to the FV club!! :cool:

Incidentally, if you're up to it (and who would blame you if you'd had enough of FV for this month), feel free to register on the FV Gallery and upload the image there - we can do the jiggery-pokery with the URL at this end if you do. :)

12. Jacqui Jay

Thank you, I'll have a look at that later today ... off to the dentist and then out chasing a great grey shrike.

13. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Re: Oi! Erm!!

I do indeed, I never want to leave :( But Im not a PhD type person, Im more of a learner and a listener than a go out and do-er... :( Id never be able to do a PhD.

Im hopin to do an MA next year tho to put off Real Life for just a little longer :cool:

14. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Oi! Erm!!

Way to go Erm ... and, maybe, by then you might become more of "go out and do-er" :)

Cheers,

jack

15. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, that's another FirstView month done. And may I say I'm encouraged by the numbers participating this year - it's beginning to look like we're a few up on average, over last year. My thanks to all who posted. The picture thread is now locked, but as usual if there are any who took their FV shot on the 1st of March but haven't got around to posting it yet, just pm me or another mod and we'll open up the thread again temporarily.

Anyway, thanks again, and see you all back here on the 1st of April. :) [​IMG]

[​IMG]