1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MAPLIN - Exeter's new store

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Nod, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Worth getting down there early tomorrow morning if you need more storage - Maxtor 400GB EHDD £49.99 for the first 50 purchasers. Plenty of other offers as well.

It's on the corner of Haven Road, opposite the Riverside pool.

Maplin Exeter

2. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

O cool and i live about 15 minutes away. How much are they normally worth?

3. Tacitus

Tacitus Well-Known Member

I got mine for £69.99 online - their prices drift around a bit depending on whether you're a walk-in customer or signed-up for their junk mail sevice. The Maxtor used to be £99.99, except when it was £89.99 or £79.99 (according to emails) - but this changed daily with the barometric pressure & height of the morning tide.

The Maxtor isn't actually very fast in real world read/writes jobs, but no problems really, especially for the price (!)

4. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

The £49.99 offer was for the first 50 purchasers on each of the first 2 days the shop was open - last saturday and sunday, so the HDDs are back up to their usual price - check their website for details! There may still be some special opening offers - I'm hoping to pop down later to see.