1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

MAPLIN - Exeter's new store

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Nod, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Worth getting down there early tomorrow morning if you need more storage - Maxtor 400GB EHDD £49.99 for the first 50 purchasers. Plenty of other offers as well.

It's on the corner of Haven Road, opposite the Riverside pool.

Maplin Exeter

2. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

O cool and i live about 15 minutes away. How much are they normally worth?

3. Tacitus

Tacitus Well-Known Member

I got mine for £69.99 online - their prices drift around a bit depending on whether you're a walk-in customer or signed-up for their junk mail sevice. The Maxtor used to be £99.99, except when it was £89.99 or £79.99 (according to emails) - but this changed daily with the barometric pressure & height of the morning tide.

The Maxtor isn't actually very fast in real world read/writes jobs, but no problems really, especially for the price (!)

4. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

The £49.99 offer was for the first 50 purchasers on each of the first 2 days the shop was open - last saturday and sunday, so the HDDs are back up to their usual price - check their website for details! There may still be some special opening offers - I'm hoping to pop down later to see.