1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest,

Apologies for the issues that you may be experiencing with the AP forum. While not ideal, it is reported that access can be gained by using Internet Explorer or MS Edge browsers. Hopefully normal access will be restored though perhaps not until Monday.
    Dismiss Notice

Machu Picchu

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by dream_police, Jun 27, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Just a few iPhone photos. Not got anything to play with the RAW image or access those from my camera whilst I’m away, so only minimal editing of the jpeg. We did not do the trek, thank god, but caught the vistadome train from Cusco, which in itself was a spectacular trip, then the bus from Machu Picchu Peublo to the citadel itself. Luckily the rain never appeared, although it may tonight. Got tickets to re enter at 0800 tomorrow, so will try and do something different, although unlikely. You are restricted to where you can walk, for obvious reasons.

It really is a magical place.

Anyway just a few.

[​IMG]Untitled by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]BA9D20F5-44E9-4D0C-800A-59F7201ECB70 by Nigel G, on Flickr

[​IMG]88C2D2BA-EC7D-494E-AB6A-AE53A747144C by Nigel G, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    James Quinn, El_Sid, Dan S and 6 others like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Wow! Lovely to see especially the ones actually on the site!

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Excellent! Hard to know what to do in those mega famous places, as every shot is well known. But you have to do them and you've done well and I love the doorway. I faced same issue in China, I'll post a few.

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I think this is definitely one of those cases of you really have to take the shot even though, as Mike says, all the shots are known. They'll serve as excellent reminders. It really does look incredible and I'd love go there myself one day. Was it as quiet as it appears to have been or was it really like Mont St Michel - heaving with tourists and no room to breathe, never mind see anything?

5. dream_police

Thanks all. Yeah, probably never get anything different. It wasn’t quiet, no. It is considerably quieter than high season, although there are still loads of people and at times you have to wait your turn to take an unobstructed photo.. It is quite a vast site so it looks more empty than it is which is a plus.

Anyway, just gone 7 am, so going for breakfast and will be onsite by 8 ish again. Different light, so it may look better or worse, but we have until around 1400 at the latest until we have to catch the bus down for our train for the next leg into the Sacred Valley.

Catriona likes this.
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

That is wonderful access. Everywhere in China we were moving on at great pace and in competition with hoards of Chinese. Not a place for slow shutter speeds.

7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Wot? Nowhere to get a coffee?!! ;) [Oh, come on........ someone had to do it. :D]

8. dream_police

We had a guide yesterday, who was shit to be honest. All she wanted to do was rattle us through. We decided to forego the use of her today and just take our time to wander and relax. Very overcast at the moment though. Just been speaking to a couple who went in for sunrise. Other than the fact it did, there wasn’t one as such.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

There must be a Costa there somewhere..,

Zou and peterba like this.
  10. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Sadly, you're probably right! :(

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It's by the sea, duh. :p