1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lumix DMC-TZ80

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by jimbopa59, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jimbopa59

jimbopa59 New Member

Hi All I'm new to the forum but need some help I've just bought a Lumix DMC-TZ80 and I am struggling to get my head around the manual its not very user friendly so I think I will be asking for a fair but of help from anyone who has experience of this camera.
    1st off I'm going to a gig next Saturday and would like some advice on how to set the camera up to get some good images.
    Obviously it will be dark with flashing lights etc and of course a fair bit of subject movement.I'd also like to zoom in and get some close ups.

Any advice please HELP.

2. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Hello, Jim, welcome to the AP forums!

Um, not sure how to tell you this, but perhaps you'll need to avoid setting your expectations too high. The TZ80 is a compact travelzoom,with a tiny senor, which works quite well in daylight, but struggles to capture much light when it gets darker. Your best bet is probably to set the ISO as high as you dare - if you only want to view the images online, or perhaps make small prints, you might not notice the image noise too much. If there's a sports mode, that might work - your best bet is probably try things out and practive in similar lighting conditions beforehand.

Another problem you might have is focusing - I don't know what the TZ80 is like, but most cameras struggle and get slower to focus in low light. If there is a manual focus option, it might be worth practicing using that. All these problems will get worse at the longer end end of the zoom range - it's only f/6.4 at full zoom!

Good luck!

3. jimbopa59

jimbopa59 New Member

Thanks Alex I will have a mess around.