1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost anything?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RovingMike, Sep 25, 2017.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I was talking to my wife about lost property. When she did customer services in our local supermarket she had to deal with left behind items. Over the years she had several sets of crutches handed in. Surely you noticed you'd left them behind?

Catriona likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I was actually good at this one. I was a setter up of systems for any financial task. Once done, usually about 6 months, I was irrelevant.
    You can see why I used to get bored! I loved it when something went wrong.

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Exactly.... A managers job is not just as a super- supervisor.... It is different in kind.
    Of course they must be aware of everything, but they are not there to do peoples jobs for them, or even watch what they do.
    Most of the time, a manager is managing change. If there is no change, something is probably wrong at a higher level. because there can be no progress with out change.
    Those at the sharp end tend to dislike change. This is where, incentive, training and motivation comes in.

Most of the time staff think their bosses do nothing... and are a wasted of space. But they like getting pay rises on the back of department efficiencies or bettered targets. they love being regraded, because of training and skills. or from being promoted to a higher position with more responsibility.
    These things rarely occur by magic, luck or through the efforts of a bad manager. Bad promotions within a department can be even worse and more destabilising, than the bad managers that make them.

Catriona likes this.