1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long time lurker on AP, just moved to South Wales

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Parks90, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Parks90

Parks90 Member

Hi all,

My names Craig... I'm an amateur photographer. No, not the kind that goes to meetings.

I've joined up to the AP forums in the hope of eventually meeting some new people here in South Wales, UK.

I moved from Cardiff (where I did street photography) to a place called Pencoed recently. I'm in the process of changing over to landscape photography as I now live in a relatively rural area and it just doesn't have the life for street photography. Not only that, but I'm at a point in my photography where I'm not going to improve by showing my images to friends and family so please criticise away :)

If you ever fancy a surf, bike ride, run, coffee or just to hang out with some cameras send us a bell.

Craig

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Shwmae, Craig!

S

ps pardon my Southern Welsh!

3. Parks90

Parks90 Member

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I don't speak Welsh, although I have lived in Wales for nearly 8 years now. I can read it a touch, but a Sussex accent makes for some hilarious pronunciations of place names let alone anything else. I used to live in Bangor as a student so used to visit your neck of the wood quite often!

steveandthedogs likes this.
  4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Craig.

I don't know Pencoed - so I had a look at a map and it appears you've got a Premier Inn and a Travel Lodge! It sounds like a bit of a teeming metropolis to me!

Dive in, get involved and I'll look forward seeing some of your pictures in the future.

Cheers, Jeff

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry, I've been here for nearly fifty and my Welsh is still appalling.

Like Jeff, I don't know your neck of the woods, so get some pics on the site.

S