1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London visit..need some ideas

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by k12pfc, Jun 11, 2015.

1. k12pfc

k12pfc Member

I'm in London on Saturday unfortunately rubbbish times, 11:00 till 18:00 what do I shoot? markets, bridges, people? anyone got any tips for ideal locations to capture shots other than the norm?

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

What do like?

Architecture? Urban landscape? River? Old? New? Touristy? Back street? Historic? People on the streets?

Can you walk a lot?

What kit will you be carrying?

3. k12pfc

k12pfc Member

I can walk loads, I will be carrying a tripod with a Canon 700D with a 18-200mm lens and a 10 stop ND filter...just in case. Bridges mainly, followed by people, combine the 2?

4. 0lybacker

OK.

Start s-e & s-w corner of London Bridge, shoot bridge's either side, Cathedral & precincts from high & low, head west along riverside. Shoot people. Millenium Bridge.

Tate Modern inside/outside. Keep heading west. Back streets between Blackfriars Road/Waterloo Road. Return to river for South Bank estate. Keep heading west. More bridges. More people. Go all the way past Battersea Power station & Park. Head northwest over Battersea Bridge, go north east along Kings Road, collapse in Saatchi Gallery team room for refreshment. Up Sloane Street to the Underground to go home.

5. k12pfc

k12pfc Member

Thank you.

6. saxacat

saxacat Well-Known Member

Borough Market is just next to London Bridge, often some interesting sights there.

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sounds good. 'Cept for being in Laaaandon of course!

May be of interest to note that the financial city is dead on Saturdays, so architectural shots without loads of people in the way become easier.

8. Christian Davis

Christian Davis Well-Known Member

Regents Canal - Lots of Nature and Wildlife, Fisherman, Cyclists, Al Fresco Dining, Locks

Tower Bridge - Butlers Wharf, City Hall and Tower Bridge

QE2 Olympic Park - Open 24 Hours for day and night shots (if using tripod maybe asked not to use it, especially near the play areas for the younger ones)

9. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Too late in picking up on this thread - but you could have got some great "documentary" shots of the anti-austerity march.

I was down in London at the weekend taking part in Nikon's London24 24-hour photoshoot. (A great experience and even Canon and Pentax users were allowed to participate! :) )

[​IMG]

10. 0lybacker

Good pic, Eric, shame about the grey Ford or whatever that's pulled in to pick someone up. It always happens ... ggrrrrrrrhhh ..... when there's a chance of something really good. Don't suppose you jumped sideways & crouched for another frame? Cheers, Oly

11. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

At my age, one neither jumps sideways nor crouches!

:)

12. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I would say, hop on a jump on-jump off (or double decker) bus and go to the top, ideally, the front and blast away from there :) A different perspective, IMO :)

like so: [​IMG]

Cheers,

Jack

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  13. MJGphotography

MJGphotography New Member

Soho might throw up some possibilities for you, good mix here of China town, theater, great mix of different people. Good luck!

14. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

if you got top weather take a bus up to ally pally, find a spot facing the city and you have the whole of the huge metropole under your feet. other than that I cant help you cos i am crap at street photography:eek:

15. Isbella Jones

Isbella Jones In the Stop Bath

I'm heading to London this week, I'll probably consider Borough Market in my list.
    Thanks.