1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locations in Nottinghamshire area

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by bigwood0321, Jan 6, 2015.

1. bigwood0321

bigwood0321 Member

Hi all
    i am new to the photography scene, and I'm looking for good locations around the Nottinghamshire area, anyone know of some good landscape locations for me to try out my new camera and learn to take good photo's.

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Clumber Park, Rufford Abbey, Wollaton Park for starters

3. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

All around the Dukeries area although it might be a bit crowded at weekends. :)

4. Zak52

Zak52 Well-Known Member

Add Rufford Abbey and Newstead Abbey. Look for some of the old colliery pit tips, two of these can be found in Mansfield Woodhouse and Clipstone. The old railway line walks can provide some interesting projects, I recommend the Teversal Trails, walking routes can be printed off the Notts County Council website I think. Also, you are not far from the Peak District, the areas around Matlock and other towns have some spectacular scenery.

5. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

While I can't help with landscape locations, I'll just mention that Nottingham itself has some amazing views to offer. I had some very enjoyable lunchtimes and evenings out with my camera, when I worked there a decade ago...

[​IMG]

6. squintykid

squintykid Member

Your not that far from the peaks for dramatic scenary, or you could try walking from Trent lock.

Felley priory gardens are nice in a couple of weeks time once the flowers start to come out.

Calke abbey nr ticknall is one of my faves loads to shoot, landscapes, architectural shots and interesting interiors in one day.