1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the XT-2 games begin … ;)

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Done_rundleCams, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

I'm not at work today, but, Thursday September 8th is the date when the XT-2's were available to sell and, I know,
    we (the store I work at in Vancouver) had about 10 cameras arrive by Tuesday and we had about 15 or more preorders :eek:

Will curious to see how many we have left when I get back to work on Saturday? ;)

Anyone here, thinking of purchasing one?

Cheers,

Jack

2. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

It looks pretty good to me and I'm sure a lot of people will buy.

I do hear that RAW conversion in Adobe CS6 is a problem. The highest level of Camera Raw that is compatible with CS6 is version 9.1.1. and the XT-2 raw files need a higher version that is only available in the Cloud version of Adobe. Unless you know different? . . . . . :)

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Done_rundleCams

Nope, as far as I know, Chris, that's the situation Adobe wise and have heard more than a few people complaining about that :(

Hope all is going well and Hi to Elsie :)

Cheers,

Jack

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Fuji had only a small counter at The Photography Show but people were crawling all over it, all day, just to look at the X-Pro2. I would not be surprised if the XT-2 went down a storm as well.

5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Thanks Jack, I'm not too bad. Had a bone marrow biopsy last Monday and await the results. The boss is fine, she's gone off to do a bit of shopping and have a coffee with a bunch of friends. She calls them "the girls" though there isn't one under eighty. Is that PC? . . . . :)

6. Done_rundleCams

Wow :eek:, but, not really surprised ;) As for the XT-2, Oly, I think we got in 12 of them, including two (1855) kits and
    I think we have, but, one body and one kit left :eek: and, even flogged one or two of the Canon 5D Mk IV's which, to me,
    is even more surprising than the number XT-2's :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheers,

Jack

7. Done_rundleCams

Hi Chris,

Fingers crossed, biopsy results wise and glad to hear Das Boss is out having fun
    with the GrrrrllZ and, PC, nope, but very Liberal of you to allow her to that ;) whilst you're stuck at home keeping up on the
    AP forums :D

Cheers, take care and give Elsie a little rub behind the ear for me :D

Jack

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I will certainly go round to Park cameras when the new Oly EM1 - II comes out and do a comparison. I love the EM1, and especially the constant 2.8 12-40 lens, but might be swayed by the T2. I sense Oly are into diminishing returns with image quality. Trying to persuade my Chairman to get the T2.

9. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

If that was a bone marrow aspiration I had one of those back in 2009 .... bloody painful.

10. Carl Bullock

Carl Bullock Member

I'm certainly tempted by the new fuji X-T2 when funds permit. I don't have many lenses for my canon so I'm not stuck in.

11. Done_rundleCams

Or, Carl, don't discount the forthcoming XT-20 :)

Cheers,

Jack

12. Carl Bullock

Carl Bullock Member

Also a very good option. But I'm the kind of guy who likes to buy sensible and buy once. I'm sure I'd want to upgrade eventually so I tend to save and wait.

13. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

With upgrades I take my time .... Same with phones since I've have a Galaxy S6 ... will I upgrade to an S8 when it comes out ... mmmmm nope, it's the old S7 for me.

14. Done_rundleCams

I know what you mean, Mark, I had the (original) Galaxy S from Sept 2011 until December 2016 when it froze -- literally :eek:. I left my window
    open and it went down to about -10C and, me poor old phone just never came back to life :(. I upgraded to a Galaxy S5 and, wow, what
    a difference, I can use my phone all day (data, texting, phoning, etc … and only be down to 85% on my battery. As well, I can now, actually,
    get a phone call or text at home :eek::D

Cheers,

Jack

15. Done_rundleCams

Ditto, Carl, Ditto …. see my post above about my mobile ;)

Cheers,

Jack

16. dan marchant

dan marchant Active Member

Just got mine. Haven't had a chance to take it out yet but looking forward to it.

17. Done_rundleCams

Ironically, one of my co-workers finally got his XT-2 on the same day, even though he had to take the Graphite version because
    of all the customers still waiting for their "regular" XT-2's :eek: Still, he's happy ;)

Cheers,

Jack