1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leica slide projectors: who made them? Not Leitz recently ....

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by CollieSlave, Oct 16, 2017.

1. CollieSlave

CollieSlave Member

Over the last forty/fifty years Leica Pradovit projectors were apparently not made by Leica - many were, I think, made by Kindermann and some in the Zett (Zeiss Ikon) factory which was bought by Leitz. I would like to know which models were made where! Older ones certainly have a strong family resemblance to Kindermann projectors but who made, say, the Pradovit Color 2 machine? Or the P600? I would welcome any info. - or a recommended source of detailed info.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Terrywoodenpic and CollieSlave like this.
  3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I've just spotted your post, and whilst I can't add anything to the info in the link above, your post reminds me of a period of great photographic frustration.

My parents started using slides in the 1960s, and bought a Leitz Pradolux (manual focus, manual slide change with standard tray), and it worked well with no problems. A decade later, I bought my own Leitz Pradovit 253 IR, collecting it from Leitz when they were in Luton. It wasn't long when it started to misbehave when advancing slides, so I took it to Leitz in Milton Keynes, for a paid-for repair. On collection, I was told that I hadn't used it enough... I then discovered that my model was made by Kindermann. If I'd wanted a Kindermann, I'd have bought a Kindermann. I really did feel let down. Later I moved to Kodak Carousel projectors which did the job they were sold for, without fuss, and reliable enough for me to give public shows

CollieSlave likes this.