1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCE takes over Chichester branch of Sussex Camera Centre

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Sep 7, 2016.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

News? I thought this was history; LCE were reporting/advertising this before last week-end.

More news/history: S&P Photos in Camberley (Surrey) has closed but their Leatherhead branch remains open. Strangely, their website now makes no reference that I can see to Camberley although last week there was a note saying that it had closed down in July 1026 IIRC

3. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Bad news for ancient Brits looking for a system to photograph the upcoming Battle of Hastings!!

4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Must say I was rather surprised when I collected my repaired 17-85 on Saturday - it went in at the Sussex Camera Centre and and I got it back from LCE!

According to notice in the window the owner is winding down to retirement and decided to sell to LCE and just focus on the Bognor branch.

Hope the Chichester shop keeps up it's fine used selection - I've had a lot of good stuff over the years.

5. IvorETower

My excuse is that my computer sometimes inserts an agonising delay between pressing a key on the keyboard and it appearing on screen - or else leaves letters out that I know I have typed. Should, of course, have been 2016, and not 26 minutes past 10 !
    (and when is the next Battle of Hastings due to start ???)

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

when Southern Rail get the next train there on time...:rolleyes:

7. IvorETower

Won't be for a good few years yet, then.....