1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCE Photo Show Lincoln 8 November 2019

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

8/11/2019 10:00 - 16:00

WHERE: Engine Shed, University of Lincoln, LN6 7TS
    BRANCH ORGANISING: London Camera Exchange LINCOLN

A day to touch, try, buy & save! All the well known brands will be on hand to answer your burning questions, show you their latest equipment & bag you a deal throughout the day.

Olympus ambassador & wildlife photographer Tesni Ward will be at the show with a live talk on stage of her wildlife adventures & expert knowledge of the Olympus equipment.

Sony & Samyang will be live on stage demonstrating their pro capabilities when shooting portraits.

Canon expert & pro photographer David Newton will be on stage talking landscape photography & on the Canon stand they will be holding a print demo on their stand throughout the day, along with all the latest equipment.

And much more!

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Maybe just to show that your posts are not in vain, I shall respond by saying that sadly I will be out of the country that day, and anyway Lincoln is too far for me to travel from home on a daytrip just to view cameras and other photographic items.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

The Southampton one will be Sunday December 1....

4. Mark101

Thanks... just that I believe we need to support these smaller types of shows because just turning up does make those staging the show feel valued. The Cambridge show was rather well attended and some of the talks packed out. Great location in the centre by the market meant many of the public were popping in and out during the day too.

EightBitTony likes this.
  5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Will you being going on the
    3 Day Glencoe Photographic Adventure with David Newton and Canon

arranged by LCE Lincoln?

6. Mark101

Nice spot, but it would cost approx £950 with transport up there, hotels, food and the fee. At that time of year I can get a long weekend in central Florence for under well under £500, including transport, hotel and food.

7. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I agree, however I must get back to Glencoe, my last visit was in 1984 and that was our honeymoon. Rose tinted, but it is a lovely part of the world.

8. Mark101

9. Mark101

So I battled the falling wet stuff yesterday and visited the LCE on the Lincoln Uni Campus.

Not the best attended event, but considering I had to wade through the flood waters of Brayford Pool to reach the Engine Shed may explain the numbers. Most people appeared to be over 55, apart from those hosting a Uni stand and vendor staff. Had a great time talking to the Canon guys and listening to talks with informative content and enjoyed some food in the venue restaurant.

Overall, a very wet and soggy day, I doubt if LCE sold much in the way of stock, piled behind their stand and, above all, sad not to see some younger faces at the event, especially considering it was on the large campus site of a Uni that runs arts and photo courses.