1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest Pictures from my Waiting for Trains Gallery

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Luke A, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Luke A

Luke A Member

I thought that I'd share some of the latest photos from my London photography project tubemapper.com, The Tube Mapper London photography project showcases photography taken near and around the London underground, These are from my 'waiting for trains' collection.

I do these handheld with about half a second exposure. My trick is using burst mode plus hoping and praying that the subject and my hand stay steady. They are a lot of fun... :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Digitalmemories

Digitalmemories Well-Known Member

Nice! Very dramatic results. You must have a steady hand.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The project is coming along nicely. I like those a lot.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Yes, keep em coming. Love the Baker Street mono.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Very good. Haven't we seen the cat one before though?

6. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I really like these - the colour images are exceptional.

Cheers, Jeff

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

If we have then that cat has had a long wait for a train...perhaps he's waiting for a train to White Kitty
    Coat on;)

8. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Coming along fine, one observation though, apart from the Baker Street shot where you're safely on the other side of the tracks, the photos all show the backs of people ,as a street photographer I'd like to see more faces, they make for stronger pitures.

Your post reminded me of Matt Weber's New York subway pictures . . . .

Alan

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree. I like the theme of the commuters all being seen from behind - their very anonymity is the thing that gives the pictures more impact for me. As far as the Baker Street shot goes, it's the one I like the least! Not, I hasten to add, because it's lacking in composition or execution - just that monochrome images of the platform at Baker Street have been absolutely done to death and I'm getting rather sick of seeing them!

Cheers, Jeff

steveandthedogs and AlanW like this.
  10. Luke A

Luke A Member

Ha, yes I generally use people to help frame my shots, they are not necessary the main focus, but help with the story. I prefer when you can't see them too. But here is one I really like when you can see one of their faces. I think she really wants to be at home.

[​IMG]

In regards to Baker Street, I dont blame you Jeff for being angry with seeing that same platform, I had to take it because people lined up perfectly in the spotlight. Funny enough though, Baker Street station has the most platforms on the London Underground, there are many other cool places and tunnels to take shots there.

[​IMG]

11. Luke A

Luke A Member

Yeah the colour version. I added it for curation purposes. Also some people would have seen it and it's a funny shot! ;)

This was taken at Brokley overground station, so the Cat could be on it's way to Catford :)

[​IMG]

Brian and spinno like this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

anywhere but the Isle of Dogs:eek:

Luke A and steveandthedogs like this.
  13. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Love these. I think burst mode is a great idea.

14. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Ah yes.....Skimbleshanks!

Lynn

15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Nice. I like them a lot.

16. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I thought you would get into trouble if Security saw you photographing on the London Underground --

17. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Dunno but anyway first they got to catch you at it if it's not allowed. :)

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

No flash photography is the rule I believe
    but tell that to the phonetographers who don't know how to turn the flash off:rolleyes:

19. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

NICE series!

Cheers,

R.