1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Large Skipper Butterfly

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by MJB, Jun 14, 2018.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

skip1.jpg skip3.jpg

skip4.jpg

skipduo.jpg

2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I really like these and wish that I could get even close to similar results - but I've tried and I can't!

Aaarrgh - I typed a load more and then realised this was exhibition rather that appraisal - I've now edited out all my other comments.

Cheers, Jeff

MJB likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Me too!

I'm going to have another go - but indeed I've not been very successful either. It was Martin's butterflies last year that persuaded me to get a 100-400 with its close focussing distance so I've even less excuse this year!

MJB likes this.
  4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I intend to practice,practice practice until I can get close to those Martin.
    I`ve just invested in a set of auto ext tubes for the Tamron I bought `tother day.
    Some of the members on here really produce stunning macros.I doubt I`ll match them but I`ll have a bl**dy good try.

At beyond lifesize I think I`ll need at least a monopod.:D

MJB likes this.
  5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Thanks chaps. These were taken right next to a path at one of my local nature reserves. All that was needed was a little patience to wait for them to return to the thistles in front of me. The blues in the 'leper' thread aren't so easy. You're trying to photograph things about 3cm across in tall grass. Luckily they're addicted to birds foot Trefoil and can be territorial. Find the flowers and the blues won't be far away.