1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake District

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by cookie11, Apr 24, 2013.

1. cookie11

cookie11 Member

Hi
    Am off to the Lake District in a few weeks for a long weekend. Has anyone got any tips of good view points of the Lakes with the Sun setting on them, or any hides beauty spots
    Thanks

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Depends where you are planning to go, I guess, but obviously you'll need to be on the Western side of ridges. Binsey small fell - right up in the top North West corner of the Lakes is probably a good bet for the Skiddaw area, or Bassenthwaite Lake for closer views.

That's about all I can suggest - where we usually go is hard up under a ridge to the west of it, so we don't see a lot of the evening light.

Adrian

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes.
    I am not going to tell you where.
    However I will be a bit constructive. Get the four 1:25,000 maps. You want sunsets over water then you had better be on the East side of a tarn or lake.
    I will give you one easy obvious one. If you are staying in Keswick then get down to the jetties just before a gentleman's dinner time. Its been done before. Tens of millions of times. Don't go there if you are staying somewhere else. You will find something closer that has not been done to death.
    Seriously, if you don't know the area, treat your long weekend as a recce. If you are not constrained by school holidays then book a couple of weeks in the Autumn.

4. cookie11

cookie11 Member

Thank you for all your comments ;)