1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kr remote

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by steveandthedogs, Feb 4, 2013.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Could anyone tell why Pentax couldn't bring out a remote which worked through the USB? It would be nice to have a remote workable from behind the camera.

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Steve,

I just tried my K-r w/ my Pentax IR remote and it works perfectly, from behind, if you use the right backside (where the shutter release) is located :)

Cheers,

Jack

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Hallo, Jack, I think it was probably reflecting from a wall, have you tried it outdoors?
    What I have seen is this thing http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/trigger.htm which would need sticking on with sticky stuff and a wireless remote attaching, which I have for the old ist D.
    £28. Come on Ashton, you tightfisted old sod, it's not that expensive.
    What I was originally thinking was some way of Pentax issuing a firmware update to allow the use of the USB, but I know bugger all about electronics, so...

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

'allo Steve .. Outdoors :eek: Nope, not for, at least, another 6 months before the (alleged) sun comes out here. Have you got or tried one of the Pentax IR remotes? If you want a less expensive plug in remote cable, ableit via a the plug in spot on the side, the Canon RS 60E3 works perfectly and should save you a few bob :) For the ones in your link, they look similar to the Yongnuo ones that we have, except for Pentax ??

Cheers and, when weather permits, I pop outside and try the IR on my K-r :)

Jack