1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kotaro the cat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dream_police, Nov 15, 2019.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

:(

So sorry to hear that Nige.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

He doesn’t have a litter tray and I’m not putting our bed and sofa outside!
    Thanks for the suggestion though.
    I have just posted a load of posters and spoke to various people, it’s on various FB pages. Not much else we can do now. On my walk around the village I had a good look on the verges and hedgerows and luckily I didn’t see him. He could if he wanted to wander for miles as it is mainly farmland around us.

Catriona likes this.
  3. dream_police

Thanks Tony.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I once spent an hour walking around the streets where we live, in the dark, in the rain, with a torch, looking suspicious, only to eventually find our little ball of ginger fur sitting perfectly dry under a hedge watching me like I was an idiot.

I'm always reminded by the quote in the Bourne Identity, "Look at this. Look at what they make you give."

5. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

I was hoping you wouldn't say that :(

A cat litter tray put outside will often bring a cat that has gone "missing" home, the scent can be picked up by the cat from a fair distance away.

I sure hope he rocks up soon expecting some dinner.

6. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I wonder if he's been catnapped? After all Maine Coon's are pedigree cats

7. dream_police

He's missed 2 breakfasts now. That is his favourite meal and don't we know it 0430 ish every day!

8. dream_police

We did think that. As we don't live on estate and are quite rural, the chance of anyone finding him to steal I think would be quite remote. He is very wary of people too, he wouldn't approach anyone for attention unless it is us, family and one or 2 friends. So whilst I think it unlikely, I accept that there is a small chance.

9. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I assume he doesn't like cars? My parents once gained a cat that turned up where Mum worked, we often had to retrieve it from cars, and they reckon it has come in on a lorry.

10. dream_police

No hates them. Is skittish and will run away from the sound of them. Our cats, as much as you can prevent them, generally venture off to the rear. Other than climbing walls, they don’t have access to the front, although I know they climb. We always see them in the back garden.

11. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Locked in somewhere is the usual thing. Sneaked into someone's garage, coal hole etc.

12. dream_police

Yeah that’s what I’m hoping and he’ll come running home once let free. Shame their microchips aren’t GPS enabled.

13. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

If there are others living near you, post a note through their door asking to look in sheds etc.
    Many moons ago we had a stray cat which adopted us (along with other families) and had kittens - when they dispersed, one wandered into our shed and must have fell asleep - we didn't open the shed for 3 days, after hearing some noises. After that the cat thought we were the best thing since sliced bread as we had clearly saved him.

I really hope you find your cat - pets are important family members.

EightBitTony likes this.
  14. dream_police

I have posted 20 posters. I obviously put it through the persons door who manages the FB page as they’ve now posted a photo of the poster too.

LesleySM, EightBitTony and Catriona like this.
  15. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Any news?

16. dream_police

We are away for the night but from the person feeding shadow for us, then no, he hasn’t turned up yet.:(

17. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

:(:(

18. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Only just catching up on here today so I'd missed this. I'm so sorry. Maddy went off for about four days or so once - mind you, it was shortly after we'd been in France for three weeks and she'd been confined to the house with a friend coming to feed her. She seemed perfeclty happy to see us on our return but then I don't know whether she thought she was punishing us or if she just got very confused by new scents outside from other animals but we found her in a neighbour's wardrobe. Or rather the neighbour did, at about two am.

Here's hoping that Kotaro makes a reappearance soon.

Zou likes this.
  19. William Bickers-Jones

William Bickers-Jones Active Member

Hoping for the best. Our blind cat, Squidget, disappeared for a fortnight once, mostly because the neighbours took out the hedge between us to erect a (crap) garden wall, and his landmark for navigation was not there. Posters on telegraph poles and lamp posts, flyers through about 200 doors, searching the area every day at least twice, and one day, following up repeatedly a much earlier reported sighting, found him under a hedge about a quarter of a mile away. Only time in my life I've ever cried with joy. He had lost weight, and was a bit distressed, but was glad to be home.

20. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Dear gods, what on earth did they make of noises in the wardrobe at 2am?