1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KM 18-70 compatibility

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by mike_j, Mar 9, 2012.

1. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

I have an Konica Minolta 18-70 AFDT lens from my pre Sony KM dSLR.

Can anyone here tell me if it will work on Sony alpha and NEX? I think it is mechanically compatible, I'm not sure about the electronics.
  2. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

My KM 18-70 works on my A350, although it doesn't get much, if any, use since I got the Tamron 17-50/2.8.
  3. Bob Maddison

Bob Maddison Well-Known Member

But not on the A850 / A900 (vignetting).
  4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Yes,I`ve also got the KM 18-70 which came from ebay,mint.Goes very well with my A100.

As said though,not for full frame.`twas the kit lens with the 5D and 7D

I must have a very good copy since I can`t fault its overall sharpness.
  5. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Thank you for the help. I know it's a pretty basic lens but I'll put it on ebay, see how it goes. No point in having it just sitting on the shelf. It was left behind when my KM 5D packed up during the period between KM and Sony and I went elsewhere for a new dSLR.
  6. sploosher

sploosher Well-Known Member

just like the (Sony)copy I have;) I find it a brilliant little lens, but I plan to change it for the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 pretty soon though
  7. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

The a850 and a900 will automatically crops images taken with a Sony/Minolta APS-C lenses. Other lens brands such as Sigma an Tamron don't invoke this function and give very vignetted images.