1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kew Winter Meet?

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by DaveS, Dec 31, 2014.

1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

OK, I've been a bit tardy on this but I've had some upheavals here and my dates are all over the place. Nevertheless I'll see if we have any takers, third time lucky and all that.

Having checked TfL there appears to be no engineering work on Piccadilly or district lines through Jan or Feb

So possible Saturday / Sunday dates, to give ourselves time:

Jan 17 / 18
    Jan 24 / 25
    Jan 31 / Feb 1
    Feb 7 / 8
    Feb 14 / 15
    Feb 21 / 22

Beyond that we're getting into spring and preparations for the Oxford meet.

Any takers? Preferred dates?

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I didn't see this before but any day-preferably a Sunday but can do Saturdays if that's what everyone else wants in Feb I'm free

3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Sorry, count me out. I went to the 02 yesterday to see the Elvis exhibition and froze my bits off in the terrible weather. Plus my car is caked with more mud and salt than I've ever seen.

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Ah, I thought this thread had died some time ago. When all the attention was on the Oxford meet I thought it best not to pursue the Kew meet as I didn't want to distract attention.

It's getting toward the end of winter now so I don't know.

Perhaps concentrate on Oxford for the moment?

5. LesleySM

How about Kew in the Summer?

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with Kew. What is(are) the "best" season(s)? Taking acount of what is in the gardens and the equally seasonal light

7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

TBH I've found summer to be the least interesting time, but perhaps that's just me. I find the trees tend to fall into green blobs without any structure and you can't move for tourists. OTOH there are plenty of flowers to photograph, and it does stay open till quite late.

I couldn't make the 7th Feb as I'm off to Astrofest in Kensington, but how about Sat 21st, just to throw out a date? Maybe too short notice, and would be too close to the Oxford meet.

If people would like to give Summer at Kew a go I'll see what I can do.

8. LesleySM

Now I can't do the 21st

9. LesleySM

And it's a sad commentary on my life I could make the 14th of February

I mean last May after 37 years together Dave and me were in an Italian restaurant and I looked at the candles on the table and said "We finally get a candlelit dinner"

And I just knew he was thinking of blowing the candles out....

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I think we've run out of weekends too! Certainly can't make the 21st. Just to be really aggravating, the Oxford meet is on a Saturday, carefully chosen not to clash with cricket, and our first game is that Saturday! Grr. Well, I named the date first, I'll just have to miss a match.

Adrian

11. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we'll have to call this one off :(. I *could* do the 14th but I think it's a bit too short notice for people who might hav eto come in from outside London.

Let's concentrate on the Oxford meet and I'll have another think about Kew.