1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kew Gardens photos

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by DaveS, Apr 12, 2014.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Just one more for tonight more to follow (Sorry I'm just delighted that I think (you may disagree) some good shots on Saturday
    [​IMG]

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Hee hee, I think I know where that yellow flower was, snapped it myself a couple of times...

Care for a duck?
    [​IMG]
    http://s726.photobucket.com/user/gray1721/media/IMG_9457_zpsf4e3c702.jpg.html

Treeing up the wrong bark?
    [​IMG]
    http://s726.photobucket.com/user/gray1721/media/IMG_9504_zpse3d12c69.jpg.html

If humans get cooties, do coot get humanies?
    [​IMG]
    http://s726.photobucket.com/user/gray1721/media/IMG_9536_zpsb6c3db16.jpg.html

The birds were good value - but with it being spring, and with the coot having chicks in the nests, by God was there some fighting!

Adrian

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Lesley, I don't know why you were worried about posting your images, they're very good!

4. LesleySM

Thanks- I just feel a bit overawed when everyone else has been shooting for years (to my almost 3 years)

5. LesleySM

Hopefully another one- apologies I am trying to do this stuff a lot to get it all fixed in my head- some sort of cactus- just thought it was beautiful

[​IMG]

6. LesleySM

Please humour me! I'm going through shots and teaching myself about RAW processing/saving to web/uploading to Photobucket etc. I find I need to do something several times for it to become second nature. I promise this is all for tonight- just loved the contrast between the green and the white

[​IMG]

7. LesleySM

See what I mean didn't correct the tilt when I was cropping

8. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

9. LesleySM

Love the middle one DaveS- how did you stop the things moving? There was just enough of a breeze to cause most of my efforts with the rhodendrons to suffer motion blur

10. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

It was a bit of luck / gamble really, I took several shots, this was the only one not totally ruined. I disremember the shutter speed, but it was just high enough. I think I had the lens pretty much wide open.

11. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Indeed. I haven't got round to sorting mine out yet; have had a(nother) hectic week

12. IvorETower

Ho hum.. just realised I have posted some shots in the wrong thread (the one about the meet-up)... quick cut-and paste ...
    (In the group shot outside the Gardens, I'm on the extreme right with the spectacles, grey jacket and grey trousers)

People often ask about waterfalls to photograph; there was at least one of those there:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By the famed compost heap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something about Nikons not shooting reds very well:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  13. deanolorenzo

deanolorenzo Well-Known Member

I've ma[​IMG]naged to edit a few, so will upload some if i can remember how.

The first was of one of the Magnolias present. Wonderdful shrubs.

Another of the Magnolia, this time minus the petals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A view from outside the palm house.

14. LesleySM

And I know what this one was called

[​IMG]

15. LesleySM

Now how do I do this?

[​IMG]

16. LesleySM

IvorETower- the waterfall (yes I was hoping to get some shots at one and managed not to see one) and those 2 blue flower pics are so utterly superb!

17. LesleySM

Dean- love the view from outside the palm house

18. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

The "waterfalls" are in the rock garden by the side of the Princess of Wales conservatory.

19. IvorETower

You're very kind; thanks :)
    I took about 300 photos, have about 40 that I like, and about 6 that I'm really very pleased with.

20. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

https://flic.kr/p/nfJDe7 Some lovely shots so far, especially the flowers. I don't really do flowers, but having never been to Kew and the opportunity to meet some of the AP names was a big draw. It would be really nice to see you all again in Autumn at Kew for some colour.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014